his mother came in to wish him a goodnight and a kiss. she turned off his lights and jisung "fell asleep". after 30 minutes, his house was completely silent. indicating that everyone was finally sleeping.

suddenly, he heard small taps on his window. chenle must be here already. he cautiously walked over to his window and opened it. he looked down to see chenle waving at him.

"come on down!" chenle whisper yelled and stepped back.

"hold on." chenle can see jisungs hesitation in jumping and chuckled.

"jisung dont worry, here ill catch you." the older held out his arms to catch jisung.

"but im heavy and ill hurt you."

"jisung, you're as light as a feather, come on." jisung took a deep breath and jumped. he released a small squeal and he was stopped when someone had caught him.

"see not so bad" chenle said, putting him down. jisung giggled and looked around. it was dark except for the street lights that scarcely illuminated the roads. he noticed the park was empty and smiled.

"lele, look the park is empty. lets go!" jisung grabbed chenles hand and ran to the park.

"yah! jisung park! slow down!" chenle screamed loudly. jisung laughed and kept running, ignoring chenle. when they made it, they walked to their favorite tree. hand in hand, they watched as the fireflies abound the quiet park.

"sungie, look at the pretty fireflies." chenle let go of the smaller boys hand to catch one of the beautiful creatures. chenle caught one and showed jisung. jisung learned that the chinese boy loved bugs, especially the fireflies. he loved how they light up the darkness. he told jisung that when there is darkness there is always light. thats why he loves fireflies so much.

though jisung wasnt a big fan of bugs. he thought they were gross and had no purpose being on the world.

"aish jisung, dont worry they dont bite."

"still theyre scary."

"but beautiful. you have to admit it." chenle admired to bug enclosed in the middle of his palms. jisung admired the older who was so interested in the bug.

"some things are more beautiful." jisung said and chenle looked at him confused.

"what did you say?"

oh shoot, i didnt mean to say that out loud. jisung thought.

"oh uh nothing. we should sit down at our tree. let the bug go."

"aw but its so pretty~" chenle whined. but as jisung walked away he let it go to catch up. he tangled his hand with jisungs and sat down to appreciate the starry sky.

"wow the night sky is so pretty."

"yeah it is." after watching the stars sparkle in the sky, jisung had an idea.

"hey lele."

"yeah."

"how about we write our name on the tree, so we can really claim that this tree is ours." he saw chenles face light up and smiled.