silence seeps between the two until violet gets a sudden rush, something that felt so needed to say.
"thank you, finn."

"yeah of course. its just a bed-"

"im not talking about just the bed." she looks to finn. his eyebrows puzzle, staring to violet as he throws a pillow to his sleeping space.

"thanks for giving me a second chance. for coming back into my life." she looks back up to the ceiling.
"because i haven't been this happy in a long time."

"yeah well," finn lays next to her on top of the covers. almost finding the exact spot to the ceiling that violets eyes were holding on to.
"id be lying if i said i was only doing this for you. i was such a mess while you were gone. i mean i got better, eventually. but, it never fully went away."

"what didnt?" she looks over to him, meeting his dark eyes inches from her own.

"the thought of you." he whispers.

violet stares to him speechless, for what was she supposed to say? she was the reason for finns hard past couple of years. she destroyed such a beautiful smile. she was the cause of it all.

violets eyes dance across his cheekbones, his hair that still curled over the top of his forehead. eventually, she lands to his brown eyes. boring, soulless eyes is what he thought. its not what she thought of them, far from it.

edging so close to each other that it took violets breath away, her mind off everything but comfort.

"get some rest violet cage." his voice sends shivers down her spine.
"i'll see you in the morning."

he kisses her forehead gently, removing himself from his bed to the air mattress. although it was just besides his bedside, he wanted to give her her own space within his dark room. just to keep her comfortable.

violet fell asleep in a heartbeat. being so tired, feeling so safe, she barely managed to make it under the blankets before her eyes flutter shut.

finn sighs in almost relief into the late night. often, he had a hard time falling asleep. and especially with so much going through his mind.

how he couldnt wait to wake up with someone other than himself.

how he couldnt wait to make her breakfast like he used to.

how he couldnt wait to see the look on her face when she finally, properly reunites with his friends and family.

that being said, that night was no exception.

he got no sleep.

~*~

"finn." violet hums his name, speaking ever so softly.

his eyes flutter open almost instantly at the touch of her fingers running through his hair. god how he had missed that.

she chuckles lightly, looking down to him as she lays on the edge of the bed.
"goodmorning."

"morning." he reaches to take her hand from his curly hair. consuming his own hand around hers, his thumb brushes across violets skin; gently.

"so much for that non deflating air mattress."

"yeah." he groans, feeling his back starting to touch the floor, although he didn't mind.
"are you hungry?"

she shrugs, gazing down to him.
"whenever you're ready to get up, i'm not in a rush."

"i'll go get started." he kisses her hand lightly, throwing the blankets from his body and leaving her to the bedroom.

she waits awhile, eventually fathoming the energy to move herself from bed. she reaches to her bag, digging through it to find pajamas that she had failed to put on with such a late night.

she strips her clothes, putting them neatly in her bag. she picks up her pajama pants, sliding them over her hips. however, that was as far as she got.

"hey vi, do you want pancakes or wa- oh god, sorry." finn stops in his tracks, not expecting the lack of clothes from violet.

she laughs, his eyes still on her as she pulls her t-shirt over her body.
"its just a bra finn, close your mouth."

she approaches him, standing shoulder to shoulder with his as she stops to look to him on the way out the door.
"and uh, waffles; please."

violet helps herself to his kitchen, finally able to see the details of his rather small apartment, in the daylight. she sits herself to the counter, looking around like a lost kid until finn comes back in.

"you know i have to say, you have pretty good color coordination for a dude."

"oh that was my mom." he laughs, turning the stove on.

she stares to the ground, swallowing harshly.
"your parents, i mean i didnt tell them i was leaving. god they think bad of me, dont they?"

"violet you are way overthinking things." he smiles to her, beginning to cook breakfast for the both of them.
"look, my parents knew what i was like okay? nobody's mad at you for leaving; if anything, they were only worried."

"worried that i wouldnt make it on my feet." she asks rhetorically.

"worried that you'd end up the way i found you."

she sighs into the conversation.
"are we going to see them today?"

finn nods,
"i figured today could be about them."

"and tomorrow?"

"us." he shrugs, causing violet to smile warmly.

"sounds like a plan to me." she reacts to the coffee pot filling, pouring two mugs worth for the both of them.
"i really miss it here in vancouver, you know? theres always that feeling about the place you grow up."

"yeah, i could never leave here."

"never?"

he looks to her, a smile tugging at his lips that he tries to hide.
"maybe given certain circumstances."

"which would be?"

"c'mon vi. you already know, don't make me say it." he looks down to the ground, his cheeks warming up.

"c'mon finn, just say it." she approaches him, growing much closer than she needed to in order to simply hand him his coffee.

"why?" he whispers.

"because i want to hear you say it."

he sighs,
"i'd move to new york to be a model and be closer to you if i didnt have the band. okay? is that good enough?"

violet shrugs,
"thats all i needed to hear."

1666 wc