12.

Season 1 Episode 12: Malec

Khloe heaved a deep sigh when she heard a loud annoying knock on the door of the room she was currently sleeping in. "Yeah?" She called out groggily.

A moment later the door opened and Magnus poked his head through. "Permission the enter?" He asked causing the sleeping strawberry blonde to roll her eyes.

"If you wake me up for nothing I'll kill you. Enter." She replied holding her pillow close to her chest as she readjusted her position.

The warlock grinned and walked over to the edge of the bed. "Time to wake up strawberry." He replied with a bright smile.

She rolled her eyes clearly unamused. "I'm already awake." She mumbled halfway through attempting to change that.

"Alright, let me rephrase that. Time to get up." He replied with his usual delicacy.

"How about no?" She mumbled back hiding her face in the pillow which her head rested on.

Magnus rolled his eyes and with the snap of his finger, the curtains covering the window slid open, allowing the light to fill the room. Khloe groaned and tried to push her face further into the pillow as she tugged the blanket over her head.

"Come now strawberry we have a very busy day ahead of us." He replied pulling the blanket away from her as well only causing her to curl in a ball while eagerly clutching the pillow.

"No. You have a very busy day ahead of you. I have a date with my bed. Now please leave me to feel sorry for myself." She replied offering him a sleepy sarcastic smile before turning away again.

He mumbled something under his breath about her being difficult before speaking more clearly. "We need to go to the institute. We have an hour to be there." He replied.

"Hell no am I going there. That is the exact place I don't want to be right now and for very good reasons." She replied turning back to him looking at him like he was a crazy person.

He sighed and nodded sitting down on the edge of her bed. He held his hand out for Khloe to place hers hand in. She did as he'd nonverbally requested and placed her hand in his palm which he immediately began to draw little shapes on.

"I know that you don't want to be there but Jace may have a lead on how to wake your mother." He said softly. "Don't you want to? And the sooner we get there the sooner we can leave and maybe avoid a few people." He replied with a small hum in hopes to encourage the strawberry blond.

She sighed again blinking a few times as she stared at the roof. She'd completely forgotten that they had their mother back. She'd honestly forgotten that she was ever lost in the first place she'd been so overwhelmed.

She ran her free hand over her face letting out a deep breath. "Alright let's go. But You owe me a trip somewhere around the world if we run into anyone I don't want to run into." She mumbled as she sat up.

The warlock smiled happily and nodded as he gently kissed her hand. "Deal. Now get ready." He said releasing her hand, ruffling her hair and leaving her to get changed.

With a deep overdramatic sigh, Khloe crawled out of bed and walked over to her bag. She opened it up and pulled her clothes out to prepare for another day of work.

Not an hour later the warlock and strawberry blond were sitting around the table in the center of the room. The surrounding shadowhunters were busy with work so thankfully only one person stopped to ask how Khloe was.

"Have I mentioned that I really don't want to be here? Because I don't." Khloe mumbled. She crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat pursing her red-stained lips in a pout.