09.

Season 1 Episode 9: Rise Up.

After Clary had calmed down Jace, Khloe and Clary decided to chase after Raphael, Grace, and Simon.

They ran out from the alleyway and turned into the street which was less busy now that it was the night.

Grace was helping Raphael up from the ground after a loud thud was heard. Simon was nowhere to be seen.

"I swear if that kid ruins one more jacket," Raphael complained.

"Where is he?" Clary asked looking around.

"He'll be back." Raphael adjusted his jacket.

"You just let him go? You said you'd look after him." Jace replied.

"We can't do that until he's ready," Grace replied.

"What does that even mean?" Clary asked.

"It means he's where everyone goes when this happens. His own personal hell." Raphael told Clary.

"I-I did this. I put him there." Clary cried.

"If it helps he doesn't even remember it was you," Grace said and Clary looked at her completely shocked. "Those first few minutes are a complete blank."

"But I have to tell him the truth."

"Once you rein him in, he'll be waking talking proof to the Clave that Camille broke the accords. In fact as a new leader--"

"Okay, just stop it! I don't care about your vampire politics!"

"Yes, Clary, and I'm sure he doesn't care about you or Simon either. He needs Simon for the Clave and we need him for Simon." Khloe snapped. "We will find Simon. Don't tell me you honestly expected this to be easy."

"He's out there. He's alone, scared, he's hungry." Clary cried.

"Give us a call when he turns up. He'll need our help." Raphael told the three.

Grace and Khloe made eye contact for a few moments before Khloe looked away and back to Jace and Clary.

"I think we've had just about enough of your help," Jace mumbled under his breath pulling out his phone as the two vampires walked away disappearing into the night.

Khloe let out a gentle sigh of relief and Clary began to question Jace.

"What are you doing?" Clary asked.

"Getting reinforcements." He replied obviously calling his parabatai.

After a few moments Alec picked up and Jace immediately spoke. "Alec, we need you."

At first, Khloe was slightly confused as to why Alec had answered Jace's call and not Khloe's but then Jace put the phone on speakerphone. "An attack?"

"Valentine created a Forsaken that went through the wards," Izzy spoke not Alec.

"That's not possible, Izzy. Nothing can get through those wards. They're warlock spells to defend against all downworlders."

"Not this one. It had Selie blood with Angel properties. Jace, it went after Hodge and Alec."

"Is Alec okay? Did he get hurt?" Khloe asked.

"They're banged up, but they'll live. Hodge killed it. It was after--"

"The Cup." Clary interrupted.

"Izzy I'll be there as soon as I can," Jace replied hanging up his phone and jogging away towards the institute with Khloe close behind.

"Stop, stop!" Clary called from behind the two trying to catch up.