#22. Can't Take It Anymore

Start from the beginning

"Why not?"

"Because it's not that easy,"

"Why? What's bothering you?"

Felix clicked his tongue, "I've told you before, I'm working on something big that made me lost the time to be with her,"

"Is it really that important? More important than y/n herself?" asked Changbin. Seeing the person he loves matters less to the person she loves bringing his anger up.

Felix furrowed his eyebrows as his deep voice got higher, "Changbin, you don't even know a thing. You don't know what I'm going through, you don't know how hard it is to keep that desire of being with her for myself and you don't know that what I'm doing is for the both of me and y/n,"

Changbin scoffed in disbelieve, "For the both of you and y/n? Do you even know how much she misses you? How much she wants to be in your arms? How freaking much she talks about you every day, telling me how she never wants to let you go? She doesn't need a single penny from your hard work, she needs you! And yet you're there, doing something that y/n don't even have a clue," said Changbin that made Felix lost his temper.

"Hard work? A pen-money? You don't even know what I'm working on,"

"Well whatever it is, she doesn't need it! She wants you and she needs you to be with her. If you're not going to do that then let me take your place," said Changbin lightly with a smirk on his face.

Felix got up and slammed his hand on the table, "I'm warning you, I know what I'm doing that is for me and for her and you better know your boundaries. You should've thanked me for letting you be friends with her after knowing that you have feelings for her," said Felix before completely leaving the restaurant after making a scene.

Changbin let out a sigh as he put his hand on the table, messaging his temples. He hasn't figured out what he just did was the right thing or not. He took this chance to have a nice talk with Felix yet he lost it.

***

Changbin was driving home in his black car. It was already half-past nine yet his mind was still on the scene less than an hour ago. He sighed as he stopped behind the red light. He threw his gaze around him and found someone that could make his heart beats faster and butterflies messing up his stomach. His face formed a smile as he rolled his window down.

"Y/n," he called you who was standing on the sidewalks.

You furrowed your eyebrows as you bent down to take a look of the car in from of you. Your smile formed as you saw your best friend smiling at you. Changbin signaled you to get in the car and you did.

You closed the door and put on your seatbelt, "Where were you been?" you asked as Changbin began driving the car again.

"Having a talk, with Felix. Which I messed up. How about you? Aren't you supposed to be with Mino?" he asked that made you nodded.

"We went to a movie this evening. I ran out of shampoo and the convenience store near my shop is closed so I need to find another one which is pretty far," you said as Changbin parked his car in the basement of your apartment building. "You met Felix and you messed up? Tell me all about it,"

Changbin sighed as both of you got out of his car, "Is Mino home?" he asked which you replied with a nod. "Great, I don't need to rant it up twice then," he said as both of you entered the elevator.

You pushed the floor button which made the elevator moved upwards as you frowned your eyebrows, "Since when did you get so close with my brother?" you asked him while squinting your eyes.

Changbin shook his head and let out a chuckle as you both arrived at your unit's floor. You walked out of the elevator and towards your unit. When you got in front of the door, Felix got out of his with a trash bag on his hand. He turned his body around before meeting you and smiled while waving his hand.

"Good night y/n," he said as he walked closer towards you. His smile vanished as he saw who you were with. He looked at you again before patting your head, "Just a little bit longer, I promise," he said that made you confused.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

Felix just patted your head again before switching his gaze towards Changbin. He gave the older a cold stare as he looked back at you. He gave you another smile before leaving.

You watched him disappear before letting out a sigh, "Just a little bit longer," you mumbled but enough for Changbin to hear.

"Trust him, it can be sooner than you expected," said Changbin as he held your shoulder to give you support.

You looked at him and smiled, "I wouldn't have waited for him if I don't trust him," you said before entering your unit with Changbin behind you. "Mino, I'm back. Changbin's with me too," you called out your brother.

"Changbin?" Mino peeked his head from the living room and threw Changbin a smile.

"He had a talk with Felix and he said that he messed up," you said as you took a seat on the sofa.

Changbin took a seat beside you that made him facing Mino, "Well, it was a hot scene back there,"

"Continue," Mino said and by that, Changbin started telling them every single detail that happened between him and one of his best friends. Starting from Felix ignoring him to the conversation a few hours ago.

"From what I see, it's not that I defend Felix or something but, you should've let him take his time. He probably has his own reason why he can't tell you now. After knowing Felix for a while, I learned that for every single thing he does, he always has a good reason," said Mino that made Changbin looked at him. "I know that you have feelings for y/n and that you want the best for her but doubting your friend like that wouldn't end so well. Moreover, he's your best friend. He trusts you to take care of the person he loves so you should've trusted him back that he'll make the person you love happy," Changbin looked down at his intertwined hands.

He ruffled his hair harshly, "I need some time to probably take it in. It just, hurts me, seeing y/n missing him every day. He should've done everything he can to make y/n stay with him. I just want y/n to be happy," he said.

"And what about Felix? Don't you want him to also be happy?" asked Mino that made Changbin speechless.

You watched as both of your brother and best friend have a talk about the person you love. Both your brother and best friend didn't seem to realize that you've been quiet for a while now. You didn't show it but emotions are filling in yourself. You don't know what you're feeling at the moment but it left you feeling uncomfortable. Worry.

You were worried that if everything you've been believing was all just your imagination.

You even began to doubt Felix but then again, your heart chose to trust him and wait a little bit longer.

***

Myno
I want you to have a talk with y/n

Feelixeu
Really?
I can meet her?
But, about what?

Myno
About Changbin.

<><><>

kiha
22:53
04/03/2019

Edited
©kiha,2019