#22. Can't Take It Anymore

Start from the beginning

It was almost eight but he still remained on his seat with just a cup of refilled ocha and a plate of chicken gyoza. Gladly the staff wouldn't bother to kick him out after seating with just two dishes for almost two hours. He sighed as he took his last bite of gyoza, he lost hope and decided to try at another time.

He was about to stand up to pay as the bell above the door rang. Changbin shot his head up and his eyes met the person he had been waiting for more than an hour. Changbin threw him a wide smile as the person walked towards his table before taking a seat in front of him.

Felix smiled back but not the usual smile. Changbin suddenly lost every topic he came up with and just as he expected, they got awkward.

"Uh, are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" asked Changbin as he called a waiter to get Felix's order.

Felix flipped through the pages, not really having the appetite to eat even though he was hungry, "Miso soup ramen and a cold ocha please, thank you," said Felix as the waiter noted down his orders.

The waiter left them both again as Felix looked out the window, watching people walking through the streets. Changbin looked at Felix and scratched his nape as he tried to start the conversation.

"So-,"

"How have you've been doing lately?" asked Felix that made Changbin quite taken aback.

"Oh, uhm. My work life is fine although there were a few problems, I managed to solve them all. I mostly got day-offs because of that, I'm getting bored actually and everyone's busy," said Changbin as he let out a chuckle. "What about you? How's your cafe?" Changbin asked back.

The same waiter came to their table with Felix's orders and set them down before leaving both of them again. Felix prayed for his food before getting the spoon and chopsticks and stirred the soup in his bowl.

"More customers come by every day which means our cafe is getting known. I and Hyunjin are trying some new menus but we're keeping our signature macchiato," said Felix that made Changbin nodded.

"You seemed busy these days,"

Felix blew the noodle first before entering it into his mouth, "I guess you can say that," said Felix.

Silence filled the table as Changbin watched Felix eating his ramen. Felix wasn't as talkative as he used to and it made Changbin uncomfortable, he felt different.

A few minutes passed and Felix finished eating his food. Changbin watched him finish his cold ocha as he intertwined his hands, waiting for Felix to finally ready to talk.

"Felix, are you mad at me? Did I ever do anything wrong? Why aren't you replying to all my messages and calls? Can you please tell me so I can fix this?" Changbin started that made Felix threw him a small smile.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You can't expect to have such feelings towards someone right?" said Felix that made Changbin froze in his place.

"What? Felix, don't tell me-,"

"I saw both of you back at the courtyard. I honestly was disappointed at you at first but then I realized, it was never your fault that you have such feelings. But then, Mrs. Jung, mine and y/n's neighbor, often told me about times where you would always hang out with y/n, where you could be with her all the time. I did ask you to take care of her but that time, I never knew you had such feelings towards her. I'm jealous, even though I really want to, I can't be with her, not now," said Felix that made Changbin frowned.