The brunette looked at her in confusion. "Master said you might needed help. That you also needed money-"

"Yeah, I do. I'm desperate for anything at this point." Alaska grabbed her jacket from the coat rack and slipped it on. "But I'm not doing this. Not with him. Tell him to disappear."

"Madam-"

"If he really wants to help me, he might as well take Zero and help me find Sirena. I'm not an idiot, I know that he knows about the girls." Alaska sneered. "Crescent is already dead, so that's less work for him."

Luca stood immediately beside the redhead, placing his arm in front of the door. Finally frowning, he only shook his head in return.

Alaska rose a brow and smacked his arm away. "I'm leaving. You should, too."

"Master has already gone through such lengths for you. If you do not want his help, then at least accept the money."

Alaska looked back at the wallet, still lying on the ground. And for a moment she stilled. There was a daze in her eyes, as if she remembered something from the past. Her grip lessened and her expressions softened.

Her lips were pressed together, fingers numbed inside of her pockets. It was a short moment, but all the female did was stand in complete silence. And then she turned back to see Luca, still expecting her to pick up the money.

Pushing past him through the door, she responded, "I don't want dirty blood money."

Then she left. Not once did she have the thought to look over her shoulders and glance at Luca. She headed straight to the car, whose door was already opened and a woman stood quietly beside it. Alaska snorted again before hopping inside, ignoring her distant gaze.

The ride back to where she was picked up was quiet. She didn't bother saying anything. When the woman came to open the door, Alaska got up and walked away from them.

It was times like this she wished she was dead so she wouldn't have to deal with bullshit.

But now that she knew what was happening, and what really happened five years ago, she didn't waste anymore time to rush over to Lyra.

Riding on her motorcycle, she grew too anxious. It almost distracted her with driving. There was a grip in her heart that made her palms sweaty. She clicked her tongue, but suddenly had the feeling of stopping and not heading back to the society.

She was certain of what was going on... but did she just lose a bit of her rationality? Something didn't feel right—

A realization hit her and fear overtook her mind. She stopped driving abruptly and took out her phone with trembling hands.

Oh god, god—she was so stupid! Of course she should've picked up that wallet! Alaska shouldn't have left that bar!

"You said you'd be back soon, but I don't see you-"

"I need you to shut the hell up and listen to me." Alaska bit. "Hurry and grab your things. Head over to another base and don't say a fucking word to anyone."

"What's going on?" Lyra was puzzled.

Alaska groaned, "Oh my god, Lyra, just do it!"

"What about Kennedy and Simon? Are we in trouble?" Faintly, she could hear her friend rummaging through some drawers. "Which base am I heading to?"

"St. Monica. And leave Simon and Kennedy."

"Am I in trouble?"

"There's people watching you right now in the organization. Already, it's corrupted. Don't tell anyone and just take what you need and get the hell out. If I'm not there in two days, then you need to find another place to hide in. Trust me on this." Alaska spat impatiently.

She knew that Lyra wanted to talk more, but finally heard a sigh from the other side. "Okay. I'm heading there now. See you." The line went dead.

Even though she managed to warn the female, Alaska wasn't convinced at all that she would still be safe at St. Monica. So she fired her engine and sped dangerously away, though she changed her direction and went back to the bar.

Seeing it coming into view, she wasn't careful of her surroundings and carelessly stopped before jumping over and dashing over to the entrance. Yanking the door open Alaska rush inside and looked around.

"Luca! Luca!"

The man wasn't there. Alaska grew even more petrified and began to breathe hard. She felt like she needed another dose of medication that those nurses gave her back in the asylum.

Without waiting for Luca to magically appear, Alaska dropped to her knees and desperately searched everywhere on the ground of the wallet. She checked the tables, inside of the bathrooms, even went upstairs into the second floor to glance inside of the rooms.

When she finally found the wallet, the redhead thrusted it up into the air and said, "I ha-have it! I took it! You can stop!"

She didn't know which direction to yell at, so she crazily looked everywhere in a hasty manner. Alaska huffed and slowly lowered her arm, feeling a small satisfaction.

But the wallet felt different. Why was it so light? She opened it up to see a small note fall out.

First strike. It wrote.

Mortified, she gasped and stumbled back into a table. "No, no, no! Wait! I'm sorry! I'll do it again! I'll do it again!"

There was no answer.

She threw the wallet down and bursted outside to find herself stepping on small notes, repeating the same words the first one did. Alaska placed a hand over her mouth and another distinctive memory popped out. It wasn't a great one.

Forcing herself not to throw up from the panic and anxiety, she weakly walked back on her motorcycle.

God, she was scared.