"oh, right of course. thank you so much for filling in, i really appreciate it." violet digs around in her purse to find her checkbook. eventually she finds it, clicking her pen; looking to the ever so tall blonde.
"so camryn, what do i owe you?"

"five thousand." her voice sticks rather monotone, chomping on her gum.

"wow, five grand for a ten minute drive and a stroll down the runway seems a bit much, doesnt it?" violet remarks, writing the check for five thousand regardless.

she tears the check out, handing it over to her.

"i also want a permanent position here as a model." her voice rings somewhat deep, one toned.

"i'll, see what i can do." violet fakes a smile to the two girls, watching as they walk away.

"gee, being pretty really doesn't make up for their personalities, huh." daryl interjects, putting his hands to his belted hips, his overgrown gut.

"that five grand should have come from your bank account." violet glares over to him.

"nobody but you is stupid enough to give a girl five grand to blow it on drugs and rip off designer jackets."

she shrugs, beginning to walk away to start cleaning up.
"hey if you had an extra five grand to blow, you'd be doing the same thing."

~*~

"hey finn." violets phone rests between her shoulder up to he ear. using her hands to throw away the red plastic cups spread everywhere around the empty building. most filled with a variety of liquids.

"hey, im still about an hour out. is that going to be okay?"

"thats fine. everyone seemingly vanished when it was time to clean up so, i'm sure i've got at least an hours work ahead of me."

"isnt that the managers job?"

"god you should see the guy." violet chuckles, throwing an armful of cups to the garbage can.
"we were down a model and he was completely perving on me. and then made me take care of everything, to include clean up. hes a real mess."

"sounds like it."

"anyway, when you get here just pull around back, i gotta dump out the garbage but i dont want to be out there alone."

"will do, violet cage."

"alright i'll see you soon."

"bye."

violet wasnt wrong, it took her just around an hour to finish up. by then, everyone was utterly gone. it shocked her how unprofessional it was for them to leave before someone who is a stranger as far as they were concerned.

regardless, she was just finishing up folding away the tables as she hears a familiar voice echo in her name.

"im in here finn!" she calls, continuing what she was doing as finn walks into the spotless room.

"still cleaning?" his voice echos off the white marble floors.

"almost done though."

"you got be be exhausted, its almost two a.m." his hands shove into his jacket pockets.

"its been a long day to say the least."

"need some help?"

"thats alright, i just need to move this one last table."

finn walks over to help her stack the table on top of the others despite what she had just told him. she didn't complain, she was tired.

finally, she gets a chance to hug him, rushing into his hold so fast; it took him by surprise.

"thanks for driving all the way down here to get me."

"oh, it was really no problem."

violet grabs her things, heading out towards the dark alley in the back, garbage bag in hand as she walks along side of finn.
"i cant wait to be back in vancouver again. and to see your apartment."

"i will warn you, ive only got one bed. but ive got an air mattress; and it doesnt even deflate!"

"wow, that must be some type of air mattress only rock stars have access to." violet tosses the trash, sitting in a passenger seat of a black jeep.
"what happened to the van?"

"oh its at my parents house. we dont use it anymore, but theres so many memories tied into that thing; i dont think i can let it go so easily."

"god i hope you dont." violet sighs in the darkness.

it was hard to explain, but it seemed as if violet had been on edge for years without knowing. and now, that she was besides him in a car that smelled of him. knowing she was on her way back home, she felt at peace. that she had finally jumped from the ledge she didn't know she was on to start with.

there was so much comfort warming her body, that her eyes grow heavy; head resting to the window. every now and then her eyes would shoot open, watching the road ahead.

and every now and then finn would look over to her; smiling as he would catch glimpses of her tired eyes.

"vi, its okay to fall asleep." he chuckles.

"i don't want to leave you by yourself driving for so long in the middle of the night."

"no seriously im okay, i drank like five monsters on the way here, theyre in the back seat."

sleepily, she turns around to glance at the back seat. gently laughing as she notices the three empty cans rolling around across the seats.
"its just that i only have a couple days with you."

"and we'll make sure to have an extra good time those couple of days. but for now,"
he reaches behind him in the back, pulling out his sweatshirt that he had tossed back there earlier. he carefully spreads it across her lap as he manages the road.
"i'll wake you up when we get there."

violet barely managed to mumble out a thank you before her sleep took over.

drifting away with the hum of the running car, the tides, and the comfort radiating from finn.

1540 wc