| four |

{warning: sexual content in the second half of the chapter}

━━━━━━ ・━━━━━━

"So what do you think?" Chase asked as they stepped inside the cabin.

    "This place..." Lara's voice trailed off as she surveyed the small cabin, "Wow. Where did you find this place?" She turned to him.

    "The internet." Lara was relieved to hear the humor had returned to Chase's voice.

    Light wood covered the cabin from wall to ceiling, giving it a rustic feel. A cherry colored loveseat, tucked in front of the fireplace and in front of a flat screen TV was perfect for a movie and cuddling. The kitchen, small with dark colored countertops and appliances. The cabin was small but it was cozy and it was hard not to feel a little romantic here.

    "I'm going to get our stuff," Chase told her as Lara explored the small cabin.

    She nodded absentmindedly, focused on the beauty of the cabin. Off the cozy living room was a bedroom, a canopied king size bed the main attraction. Lara ran her fingertips over the pristine white comforter as she walked by towards the bathroom. A grin took over her face as she laid eyes on the large jetted bathtub.

    "My favorite part is the hot tub on the deck." Chase chuckled as Lara jumped, startled. "Follow me."

    She followed Chase onto the deck, a hot tub with a view of the mountain tops. Lara wrapped her arms around Chase's waist, "This place is perfect. I want to stay here for forever."

    Chase wrapped his arms around Lara, squeezing her, "Maybe one day we can."

    Lara's heart thumped at the indication that Chase had also thought of a future with her. Of course, she had, but Chase had never said anything indicating that he had thought of their future past that moment. "So what should we do first?" She asked excitedly.

    "Hot tub?"

    "Hot tub."

━━━━━━ ・━━━━━━

    Lara sank into the warm water. "This is nice," She breathed, closing her eyes and enjoying the warmth as Chase settled next to her.

    Chase wrapped his arm around her, Lara instinctively laid her head on his shoulder. "You said there wasn't a lot that I didn't know about you." She murmured without opening her eyes. "Tell me one of those things."

    Chase was silent for a moment, trying to come up with something. "I didn't want to race my dad's number." The words tumbled out before he could stop them.

    "Wait, really?" Lara jerked her head off of his shoulder so she could look at him. "Why not?"

    He shrugged, "I wanted to make my own way, my own legacy, you know? Obviously, it would've been hard because my last name is still Elliott but..." His voice trailed off for a minute, "Now I don't really even have a chance."