My fear!

Although Max was smart and very popular in the institution, it was impossible to believe that he had no particular girl in his life. I mean not because he doesn't admire one but his childhood fear of getting a no or being embarrassed by a girl was enough reasons to stop him. Besides he doesn't like to be seen as being obsequious. As his friends will always tell him, "the worst you can get is a no". That was it. He doesn't take no for an answer, but they will always tell him that it is normal for a girl to say no to a guy. Only that he will have to keep trying if he truly loves and desire to have the chic. Unlike Max friends, Max doesn't believe in using and dumping  girls. This he said was barbaric. When he finally disclosed it to his friends of his encounter with Jessica, they all popped up in surprise, jeering and hailing him.  "calm guys, it was just a hello - hi moment, and nothing much". Ehh! "Baba on top"! They hailed.  "so what do you plan to do now"? Tayo, Max best friend asked. "plan to do"? Max asked as if oblivious of the issue. "don't tell us you are not going for it". "Not that I don't want to go for it, just that I don't know how it will turn out". "Bullshit"! Slim Kenny remarked. "If I were you, I wouldn't waste no time about this, I would just take the bull by the horn". It wasn't no joke, as Max friends were very smart in making their way around just any girl they desire. But Max was being careful this time. He remembered a time in his early days as medical student. After a wonderful class with the professor, a girl walked up to him and said "hi", Max replied promptly and the next thing the girl said was, "I think you are cool". Wow! Max was taken aback. "I think you are much cool"! Was the reply he gave. After that, he found himself wondering over the whole scenerio. He then started developing interest for the girl and long before not it was all over him. Upon telling Tayo his friend, Tayo made the move by obtaining the girl's number and then the next thing was for him to make the move. When he finally did call the girl, he had expected her to be surprise or maybe ask how he managed to get her number. But the girl wasn't surprised, this alone made Max curious. After a couple of mobile conversations, of which the girl didn't quite respond well, he decided to call it off. But Tayo keep assuring him that it was normal. Max didn't think so, he felt like maybe the girl was either engaged by someone else or maybe .... He just couldn't figure it out. The thought of this girl made him sick. Finally, his friend pushed him to go on a date with the girl. Surprisingly the girl accepted the date although Max felt she was reluctant to. She appeared nice and simple but too serious for his liking. Well, the date just didn't work out. The girl not only say no to Max but also said that he was actually the first guy she will turn down. Max couldn't shallow it. Max regretted going on that date and decided to text her. Thanking her for honouring the date despite how things turned out. Letting her know that he wasn't actually expecting a yes although he wished to and that she left him wondering why she even decided to come in the first place. His friends told him to give it another trial but not Max. That will be a waste of time besides, his exams were by the corner, so he had to concentrate.