Life in the city

Max finally settled into the college in the city where he lived with his aunt. Max aunt, Mrs. Rose lives in her own flat the city. She works with the  states consult Inc. as a consultant. Aunt Rose though matured but was not yet married. And she seemed comfortable with it even though everyone else in the family has severally objected her decision and make her realize she was getting no younger. But aunt Rose will always say, "I'm waiting for the right man".
Although she had money, but still her money couldn't fill her emptiness and as such,  the more reason she asked her elder sister to allow Max come live with her. Promising to train him as her own begotten.
In college,  Max was made the head prefect as he was seen dedicated and intelligent. His cliques too admired him and every exam period was a time for them to compete who's gonna be the best after the term's examination. It was no surprise for anyone anytime they get to see their results and discover he did better. It was quite obvious he would always do well. Say for friends, he was a friend to all but to a few who reasons and work the way he does. As it would always be, many girls admired him and longed for him to just say hi. They will pause to hear him talk even if it meant for just a person in quote. Well! To say that Max was in love with any of these girls was difficult as he always finds himself advising his friends to stay focus and stop being distracted with girls. To him girls were a bunch of distraction. And that was obviously a better truth. By the time Max was almost graduating from the college, it was quite eminent he will be furthering his education. He had a crush with a certain fair girl in his neighbourhood at a point and the relationship was on the bases of close friendship as he has this belief that true relationship is not about sex.
Although Max admires beautiful girls, he always not have the guts to tell one his emotion. This was not because he's shy but rather because of...... he can't just explain why.
Maybe more so because he was actually a role model or more of an adviser to many of these his colleagues.