Chapter 18: Duels at sunset and Midnight confessions

Start from the beginning

Yugi then explains that Blaze is not exactly who or what he thinks she is. Duke then faces Blaze again and Blaze explained to him what happened about two months ago.

He then takes a few steps back away from Blaze and the Crystal afraid that the same thing that had happened to him in the lunchroom would happen again or worse.

" Duke what's the matter? You were so calm and friendly around me before , what's the sudden change in attitude?" Blaze asked frowning concerned she had done something wrong already.

" Sorry Blaze I'm just worried about what may happen with that Crystal again especially now that it has someone that is capable of using it to its fullest power." Duke explained shaking in fear.

" I wonder though, what happened? What did my Crystal do to you?" Blaze responded puzzled.

" When he went to touch it, it use some of it's power and forced him to fly to the other side of the lunchroom a while back before you had awakened." Téa filled the Dragon woman in on the information she was seeking.

Blaze afterwards looks to Duke with a friendly smile and says;

" Do not fret Duke the Silver Millennium Dragon Crystal is in my capable hands and will not hurt anybody as long as I am in control. Besides the only reason why it did that to you was to protect itself from someone that does not have any kind of Royal Blood or special powers of their own, as well as something it can trust, but I do apologize for the harm it had done to you, I hope that it did not do too much damage at least." Blaze said apologizing and explaining what the Crystal does without her.

" Naw, it did not do too much damage to me at least, The lunchroom well maybe, but to me no, and I accept your apology since you did not have a clue what happened until now." Duke stated accepting her apology.

" Ok. Good. It's nice to know that I am forgiven." Blaze replied with a small grin stretching at the corners of her mouth.

Joey then suggests that they should go to the arcade to ease up on the tension and to do something to fulfill what Blaze had come to see them for, Blaze agreeing excited to find out what the arcade has in store for her.

( Small Time Skip brought to you by this puppy 🐕)

Blaze's POV:

After a short walk we arrive at the entrance to the arcade. As soon as we walk in, Téa immediately asks me to go to the dancing game she played the last time she was here with Yugi, whom she claims was the Pharaoh at the time.

' The Pharaoh? What the?' I think to myself clearly confused.

" The Pharaoh?" I asked expressing my confusion.

" Ugh ahh.... that is something to talk about another day Blaze." Téa says clearly surprised.

Then Joey and Tristan join in begging me to play a racing game with them. I just might consider this since I do really like racing games and all... But then Yugi comes up to me wanting me to play a game of his choice that I didn't really get to hear him say what it was because the other two boys are being loud and begging me to play with them.

Completely overwhelmed, I begin to sweat drop and frantically look around the arcade in search for an escape from my friends that are now fighting over who gets first dibs to play a game with me first, that is when I noticed Duke, the guy I just met at their school, walking over to a nearby table and setting up something that looks like a board game version of Duel Monsters looking a bit left out.

' I'm so sorry but, I have already found something that I want to do myself. I hope you all can understand and I will be sure to do what you guys want with the rest of you later. If you'll excuse me." I apologized, excusing myself to walk over to the table Duke sat a few moments earlier.