He opens his mouth but before he can even say anything Taeyong has already interrupted him with:

"Yes I know you are taking Ashton home, Mark called about it". "Oh" is the only thing Yuhei manages to say back. To say he was surprised would be a lie.

"So about Mark" Taeyong starts, a smug smile appearing on his face. "Are you guys..."

Yukhei doesn't even need him to finish the end of that sentence because he already understands what the older man wants to say so he interrupts him this time saying

"Babysitting each other's kids if needed, yeah totally glad you noticed".

"That wasn't what I" Taeyong starts again. Yukhei takes a fake glance at the clock "Oh is it that late already, we must be going then" he says before collecting the kids and making them say bye.

Leaving with the speed of light and a set of thoughts in his head that would keep him busy for the rest of the afternoon.

After they left a man walks into the classroom sitting himself down next to Taeyong. Taeyong lays his head down on his shoulder. "So what is the state on mission Markhei?" Jaehyun aks. "Denial" Taeyong answers and he chuckles.

-------------------

It was around dinner time when Mark finally parked his car in front of Yukhei's apartment building. He knocked on the door and waited for it to be opened.

"There you are, come in" Yukhei says greeting him with a smile. That made all the apologies he wanted to say for being so late seem unnecessary.

They walk into the apartment where the kids are stuffing their faces with food. "Do you want some" Yukhei asks. "Oh no you don't have to" Mark says.

"No you need to daddy, this is much better than the food you make" Ash says backstabbing him. "Well, thanks young man" Mark responds.

He sits down and they finish their food. Mark had to admit that Yukhei was indeed a good cook. Boyfriend material indeed.

After dinner, Mark tries to get Ashton to leave but he and Mei are having none of it. "Noooo dad said we would watch the lion king" Mei says.

"I did but you two decided to play a game instead" Yukhei said. "But can't we watch it now" Ash says.

Mei whispers something in Ashton's ear before they both fall on their knees, begging their parents to let them watch the movie. And who are they to say no to so much cuteness.

They get ready to sit on the two-person couch, but the problem is that neither Ashton nor Mei wants to sit in their parent's laps.

"Mei just come over here" Yukhei says getting tired of them throwing a fit. "NO" Mei wines.

So Mark doesn't know what he's thinking when he hears himself say "Okay then I'll take up the offer" and he sits down in a now furiously blushing Yukhei's lap.

"This is okay right?, I'm just so done with their whining and I just want to get over with it" Mark says.

"Yeah yeah totally" Yukhei respond trying to focus on the movie instead of the beautiful brunette in his lap.

-----------------------

As a couple of hours have passed by Mark and Ashton get ready to leave.

Yukhei opens the door only to be hit in the face by snow. "What" Mark mutters looking at the huge pile of snow and the snow storm raging on outside.

"They people from the weather forecast should get fired, seriously" Yukhei says closing the door. Mark chuckles.

"You really can't drive in these conditions, so I think it would be the best if you guys stayed over" Yukhei says.

"What" Mark splutters out again. "Yeahhhhh sleepover" Mei screams as she runs through the tiny apartment, closely followed by an even harder screaming Ash.

"Is that okay with you?" Yukhei asks. Mark doesn't know how but he manages to blur out a yes.

Soon after that, they put Mei and Ash to bed with the excuse that a sleepover requires sleeping.

Mark wishes Ash a goodnight and kisses him on his forehead while he sees Yukhei doing the same on the other side of Mei's bed.

They watch some tv after that until it's time for them to go to sleep as well. "I'll sleep on the couch" Mark says.

Yukhei burst out laughing. "Mark you can't sleep on that small old thing" the latter says. "We can share my bed" he offers.

Mark wonders how he can say that so casually. If Mark had only known how much of a nervous wreck that question made Yukhei.

And Mark can't ever say no to those big brown eyes so he stutters an "O-okay" which is the answer that's the reason why he finds himself fifteen minutes later lying on one side of Yukhei's bed, Yukhei on the other side, dressed in some of Yukhei's spare clothes. -which smell really good by the way- trying to make sense of some of his thoughts and feelings until Yukhei breaks the silence by saying "So let's talk about that conspiracy theory of yours".

It makes Mark laugh so hard Yukhei has to press a hand over his mouth in order to not wake up the kids.

Which is the start of a night of weird ass theories and a lot of giggles until they eventually fall asleep, confusing thoughts and feelings forgotten for the moment.

______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading! I wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on a second Lumark fic which is going to be a pirate au. I hope all of you have a good day or night, whatever suits you timezone ;) Xxx your author.