Chapter 26: Stupid Leaves

"So, what was the Sun's meaning again?"

"Pansy," Katherine sighed, leaning forward on the table. "It means great happiness. Even if you don't know, I think it's quite an easy guess."

"But why does it have to mean that? I don't know about you, but personally, I hate the Sun. You can't even look at it, it's too bright."

"Like me?" Katherine broke out in a grin.

The Slytherin face-palmed herself.

"That one hurt."

"Sorry, I had to," she giggled.

"Whatever, back to these stupid leaves," Pansy turned her attention back to the book laid out on the table. "The skull means..."

"Yes?"

"... Death?"

"No!" Kat shook her head at her friend.

"What is it, then?!"

"Danger in your path! Death is represented by the Grim."

"That dog?"

"Yeah."

"That's just stupid!" She leaned back in her chair. "Who came up with these?"

"I don't know," the Hufflepuff shrugged.

"Well, whoever it was, I hope they saw a lot of acorns in their cup."

"Acorns?"

"Yes, trials and sufferings."

"That's the cross. Acorn is unexpected gold."

"Okay, I give up," Pansy closed the book and stood up from her seat. "I think it's time we go back to our Common Room because if I have to spend one more minute of my day guessing the meanings of these stupid symbols, I think I'll go insane."

Katherine sent her a light smile, standing up as well.

"Go ahead, I'll just put these books back to their places."

"You sure?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"Okay then, I'll see you in a bit."

With that said, she turned around, rushing out of the Library.

Grabbing the Divination books in her hands, Kat started heading towards the shelf they took them off from.

When she arrived in the right section, she noticed a familiar girl standing there. Noticing her as well, the girl smiled at her.

"Hello, Katherine."

"Hi."

"Seems like every time we meet it's in the Library," she smiled.

"Yeah," the Hufflepuff nodded, returning the gesture.

Hermione glanced down at the books that she was still holding.

"Unfogging the Future," she read it out loud. "Oh, how I love Divination."

"Well, I'd rather read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them again instead as well, but it's not that bad, I guess," she shrugged.

After that, silence fell on the two of them, so Katherine decided it was time for her to put the books back on the shelf. When she was done with that, she looked back at the Gryffindor, who had a serious expression on her face.

"Hey," Kat furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, just... Have you met Ron lately?"

"I did, right before we came here, actually."

"Oh... And what'd he say?"

"Well, he apologised for the things he said to Draco... Kind of."

"He did?" She broke out in a small smile.

The Hufflepuff nodded.

"Great," Hermione nodded, glancing down at the floor, then back at her. "Well, it was nice meeting you again, Katherine. I'll see you around."

Not giving her a chance to say anything else, she turned around, heading towards the exit.

Staring at her back with a confused expression, Katherine tried processing what just happened, then decided to just head back to their Common Room and not worry about the Gryffindor instead.

When she arrived in front of the painting, she smiled.

"Hi."

"Hello there," the old lady greeted her. "How are you, dear?"

"Great. A little tired, but great. How about you?"

"Oh, you know. Just the usual."

"Where is your husband?"

"Merlin knows," the lady waved her hand. "Yours, however, is already inside."

Katherine felt her cheeks getting warm. "He's not my husband."

"Not yet, but he will be."

"To infinity and beyond."

"Darling, if you don't want to talk about it, its fine, but you know that –"

"To infinity and beyond," she repeated.

Shutting her mouth, the lady nodded, revealing the entrance to the Common Room.

Katherine walked inside quickly, where she was met with Annie and Tony, who were sitting on the couch.

"Hi," she greeted them.

"Hey," Annie sent her a big smile. "Where were you?"

"In the Library."

"Ah, boring."

"Actually, maybe you should spend more time in there instead of sitting here all afternoon," Tony commented.

"No way."

"Then stay stupid."

"Hey, I'm not stupid, I'm just saving the space in my head for the important stuff."

"Like?"

"Uh... Well..."

"Guys," Katherine cut in. "Where is Draco?"

"In your room," Annie answered quickly.

"Thank you," she nodded, heading towards the stairs.

"See?" Annie looked back at Tony, crossing her arms on her chest. "If I'd stuff my mind with everything, I wouldn't have had space for the information on Draco's whereabouts, therefore I wouldn't have been able to help Kat out. I'm a hero."

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

A/N

Hello there!
Thank you all so much for reading/voting/commenting, it makes me so happy!

I know this chapter isn't the best, but it's better than nothing, right? (Me trying to make myself feel better.)

Anyway, thanks again for reading, I'll try to update as soon as possible!

Hope you have an amazing day!