Halloween Vela

It was almost Halloween in their 8th year, a week and a day to be exact. Those who wanted could come, and came, back to end their education. Most of the Gryffindors came back, including Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean, Neville and Hermione. Half of Ravenclaw, half of Hufflepuff, and Draco and Pansy. They were the only ones in Slytherin, but they weren't talking.

Pansy was now dating Ginny, and hang around the Golden trio and the rest of them. They usually ate together, and Harry must admit; it was very awkward in the beginning. But soon everyone got used to it. Pansy was now a part of the silver gang, as it was called. The golden trio was Harry, Ron and Hermione, the sliver gang was Luna, Neville, and Ginny, and now Pansy as well.

Pansy sat with them and ate, and she and Hermione shared a room, since they were the only girls in Gryffindor and Slytherin. They came along pretty well really.

Harry laughed with his friends. Ron had just told a joke, and Pansy built it up to an amazing joke. They all laughed, and Harry ended up looking over to the Slytherin table, since they were looking at them.

He smiled to some, not caring too much, before his eyes lands on Draco Malfoy. He sat alone at the end of the table, not eating, not talking, not doing anything but stare at the table. He had done that every day since they started the school year.

He rarely spoke. Only in Professor McGonagall's classes, and he was still top of his class. He and Hermione was duelling before on being on top, but now he was three steps ahead of her. It was weird for Hermione, but she just said, "Well, I have friends, a boyfriend and someone to talk to me to distract me. He has no one now, so I guess school is a good distraction for what he's been through."

And she was right. Harry began to take more notice of his previous rival, and he was indeed alone. He focused on school. And school only.

Draco sat alone. He was used to it. McGonagall had taken care of him though, so he was rather fine. He had decided to take his last year even more serious, after everything... no one would ever give him a job, so he needed the grades to actually get one. He decided to study a lot, and he was now past Granger. Even Granger couldn't keep up with him.

Blaze stopped talking to him, Pansy was now with her girlfriend and her friends. Draco didn't think much about it, he was quite happy alone. No one could tell him about his mistakes during and before the war. No one could remind him of his father, or his mother, or how he could've done anything differently.

Yes. He liked being alone.

Harry looked over to Draco though. He though that Draco must feel lonely. Pansy had told him that Draco was okey, but Harry couldn't help feeling sorry for him.

Draco had another reason to like being alone. He was a veela.

McGonagall spoke up.

"Attention please." Everyone quiet down, and turned their heads towards the headmaster. "Now, 6th, 7th, and 8th years stay, the rest of you, please leave the room." The younger years obeyed.

When everyone was out, she spoke up again.

"In Dumbledore's last wishes, he mentioned a few things. So now, we will restart a tradition that ended during the first war. A Halloween... eh... party." Whispers begun, and Draco finally looked up for the first time since his 6th year. "The oldest male and female in each house will choose who shall plan the party. The person they chose will represent their house and plan the party. We wish for this person to be in the oldest year, but it's not necessary. The youngers years can and hopefully will come with ideas and wishes for the party, but it's the representant that choses which ones he or she will call in, and the group in all has the last word. We teachers, however, will not have any part in this. We will of course be there if you need us, and help you with everything you'd need. But! It is the students that has to decorate, in the representant's planning of course."