VIII

Annabeth POV

Its the last class of the day and there's less than five minutes left.

Two minutes and forty six seconds to be exact.

I don't really want school to be over though. Because I have to go over to Percy's after school. Ugh.

And of course, I have to try and talk to him using an app on my stupid phone.

36
35
34

I don't want to go to Percy's. Why can't I just sit at home and read?!

I just got a brilliant idea!

I'll go home, drop off my backpack and then I'll somehow sneak a book with me then I will just read at Percy's.

Ah never mind. That would be rude.

3
2
1
RIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGG

And there's the bell. I rush to my locker and shove my things in my backpack before heading out to find Magnus and Malcom waiting for me at the edge of the school yard.

"Hey Annie, what's up?" Magnus says.

I glare at him and Malcom says, "Magnus, you know better than to call her Annie. You know she hates that. And you know she won't talk until we get away from this place."

"I know. But it was worth a try! And hey, she didn't hit me this time!"

So guess what I did?

I hit him. I punched him in the arm right below the shoulder.

"Dang it! Why do I always jinx myself with that?" Magnus questions while rubbing his arm.

I shrugged grinning at his pain. And stupidity.

We get home, and I take my backpack up to my room. I started looking all over my room for my phone charger. My phone was at 24% somehow even though I hadn't really used it all day.

And if my father wants me to use that stupid app, then I need my phone to NOT die.

I hear the doorbell ring and I run downstairs. I was the only one home now, because Dad was at work for another hour. (he's a college professor in the history of war) Magnus went to hang out with a friend. I think his name was TJ. I don't know. And Malcom went to go get groceries.

I opened the door and see Percy there with his phone in his hand.

He pushed a button and I hear a robotic voice say,

"Hi. I was told to come pick you up. My mother says young ladies out not walk around themselves when near dark."

It is kinda starting to get dark out.

I hold up my pointer finger in the "just a minute" gesture. And close the door. I grab my keys and my phone charger off of the couch (how'd it get there?) And I wrote a quick note to my dad/Malcom/Magnus so they know where I am and I stick it right on the door. And then I shut and lock the door.

We head off towards Percy's. So right across the street.

When we get there, Ms. Jackson has some freshly baked blue cookies for us, then we go up to Percy's room where we just sit and kinda get to know each other a bit.

He's actually not that bad of a guy.

He's a musician, plays electric and acoustic guitar. Knows a bit how to play keyboard, and he can also play a bit on the drumset. He says that he sings too. Just only around his mom and his cousins.

And for some reason, I really think he'd be a good singer. I kinda want to hear him sing, but of course I can't, because he's mute like me.

I eventually get a text from my father telling me that it's starting to get late, and that dinner was almost ready. I looked at my phones clock, an- JEEZ! ITS ALMOST 9:00!

I hurriedly open the communication app thing and type in.

"Got to go. Dad wants me home for dinner "

The app says the message, and Percy nods, then he walks me downstairs and then over to my house.

We both say bye on the communications app, and I stand inside my house at the door watching Percy to make sure he got home okay, even if it is just across the street. He walked me home, it was the least I could do.

Then I went into the kitchen and got ready for dinner.

A/N: yes, I know it's short. And I'm sorry. But I said I'd try to update soon, so here ya go!

I'll try and update again before too awful long.

Bye!