Chapter III: Bringing Out the Dead

Start from the beginning

Then the car halted to a stop, looking out the window and saw a majestic white mansion, getting out of the car whilst Stefan held the door open for me, thanking him and taking his hand in mine and also Damon's in my other, we began walking towards the front door. Damon knocked on the door, then a blonde lady opened the door saying, "They have arrived, sir, but with a lady."

"Let them in." I heard which seems strangely familiar to me but I couldn't quite pinpoint it due to his voice being very muffled. Then the lady opened the door wider and let us come through. Letting Damon first then me then lastly Stefan, we walk towards the dining room, tripping into Damon's shoes, I mumble a sorry then looking up to where we've arrived, I saw the two man sat in the chairs with shocked expressions on their faces. I gasp, "Elijah? Niklaus?"

"Rosabella." They say in unison, running to hug them both which they also copied my actions, I was engulfed in their arms smelling the strong and calming scent that I loved for centuries. I sob on their shoulders, "I missed you, you bloody idiots."

"I went all over the world to find you, Rosa." Elijah caress my hair, kissing my forehead. I smile at him, "Thank you, Elijah."

"Shall we have dinner then?" Niklaus smiles, gesturing to the table filled with platters of food. Pulling a chair for me beside him and Elijah, we started to eat.

"How did you three meet exactly?" Damon asks us to which Niklaus first answered, "I believe that we were to negotiate about the coffin that you stole from me."

"Wait, you two stole a coffin from Niklaus?" I say unbelievably with a grin on my face, glancing at Niklaus, he wore a blank expression at me, I snort, "I can't believe it, these two young vampires stole a coffin from you, the hybrid!"

"Rosabella, love, I know that we haven't seen each other for nearly a century now but that won't stop me from killing you." Niklaus growls at me to which I also laughed at then replied, "You couldn't if you wanted to but your siblings will be bloody mad at you if you did that. Right, Elijah?"

"She certainly has a point, Niklaus. Our siblings do have a very close connection with Rosabella." Elijah agrees with me, I wink at Niklaus and ate a piece of steak that was served at the table.

"So, why don't we discuss the terms of this proposal." Elijah coughs, his attention turning to the two Salvatores.

"It's very simple, Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange he and the original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever." Damon answers, looking nervous. I look at him in confusion then say, "Do I enter that, 'the original extended family?'"

"No—" Damon was quick to answer but Niklaus fought him, "In fact, she does. Her and our family come way back, we've known each other since we were children and our mother and father considered her as one of their child. Technically, she enters that family." Niklaus smirks and sips his wine.

"Whatever, it's basically my choice. Elijah, please continue." I groan, letting them negotiate about Niklaus' coffin while I eat peacefully.

"The deal sounds fair, brother." Elijah gestures to Niklaus on his opinions about the offer.

Niklaus shrugs, "I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight that oppose me. I will never leave her behind. Let's say what if I do leave her behind, how long until one of you turns her into a vampire. Or worse, how long before she dies, caught between your feuding? You see each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her. The worst thing for Elena Gilbert is, you two." His speech made the two brothers speechless and stiff in their seats, I slam my utensils down making the four of them jump in surprise.