Friday Night Light 🏈❤️

I went to all my classes and had a pretty weird day but I'm glad I got to start it off with Zion. I really missed him. As the last bell rung of the day I packed my stuff up and headed into the girls locker room. Mr.Mckinley didn't make me and Nick clean today because of the game which was pretty nice of him. I walked in the locker room and saw Toya , Ayanna , Naima and Sarai. I walked up to them at they were all spraying tons of hairspray in there hair so they could have sleek ponytails for the game. "hey girls!" I said smiling at them. "Hey!" they all said insinc. "So Dani Tell me! Whos that new hottie your hanging with? " said Namia as she was smirking. "HAHA your funny Namia But he's mine!" Toya said snatching the brush out of Namia's Hand.

"you guys are something else." I said laughing and began to spray hairspray into my hair. "how do all of a sudden you have a these sexy boys coming into your life? Nick. Zion. who else is ganna show up?" Ayanna said a little bit jelous as we were all walking out the locker room doors. "Girl. Zion was my childhood friend and he came back home and Nick and I aren't anything. we just have detention together." I said trying to cover up my...WHATEVER I had with Nick.

Nicks POV

The whole day all I could think about was Dani. Like I really don't understand why. I could have any girl all over me but for some reason I just wanted Dani. After school I went into the boys locker room to get changed into my football uniform. As I was walking in I saw Zion and abgroup of my buddies talking. I just ignored them and Went to my locker because I didn't want to deal with Zion. As I was pulling out my clothes from the locker I could hear Zion talking about Dani with the boys.

"Yea I've known Dani for a while but we fell off when I moved but Now that I'm Back I really want to ask her out, you guys think I should?" Zion said talking to the boys.

"Bro yea she's fucking hot and her friends to, you should ask her after the game." Said one of the guys. After eavesdropping I got really upset about what I heard.I thought the only way I could stop this was telling Dani how I feel about her...I wont let Zion take her away from me.

I finished getting ready and all of us boys gathered in a huddle and prayed for our game.

"Dear God,

Thank you for this new day.
                     It is such a privilege and a blessing to play football.
                     Please fill us  with energy and passion as we push ourselves to do well.
                     Help us all to compete with fairness in our hearts and minds  and give us the grace to accept success or defeat."

"LETS GO!! WOHHWHOOOH" All Us boys yelled to get hyped.

All the boys ran out the locker room and I walked behind them all. As I was walking out the door I heard Dani talking to her friends as they were walking out the locker room. I stopped and snuck behind the wall to hear what she was saying,

"Girl. Zion was my childhood friend and he came back home and Nick and I aren't anything. we just have detention together."

After what I heard Dani said I was really upset that she doesn't like me. I know I was a jerk but I like her so much but Now I don't have a chance. "well Zion she's all yours." I said to myself grabbing my helmet and running out to the field.

Narrators POV

Dani and her girls ran out to the field and cheered for the team to come out. The team ran out running threw the paper and the crowed went crazy. It was about 25min. into the game and they were winning 35 to 10. It was now half time for the cheerleaders to preform something Dani has worked really hard on. All the players sat on the benches and watched the cheerleaders preform.

Dani's POV

"LETS GO !!"

The performance went AMAZING! I worked on it for so long! I got up and Ran over the benches as the boys ran back onto the field. As The boys were running I was looking for Nick mainly but Zion caught my eye and He blew a kiss at me and smiled. I looked at him and looked at the ground and blushed. Right as I look to my left I seen Nick, which I was really happy to see. I jumped up and waved at him with a big smile from across the field. But he just looked away like I wasn't even there. After the game I invited all the girls to my house since my parents were gone.

"Hey girls you all wanna come to my house tonight My parents aren't going to be home." I said. "yes girl! they all said. As we all packed up and all us girls were walking to the car, the whole football team came and stopped us.

"Woah Woah woah! Where are all these hot cheerleaders going?" One of the guys said joking around.

"Were going to my house. yall are welcome to come." I said smiling.

I then seen Zion come threw the back and said, "we would love to."

As everyone walked to there cars to go to my house I waited behind to find Nick. I was looking around and couldn't find him anywhere. " Looking for something? Zion already left." I heard a soft but masculine voice from behind me. I smiled when I heard his voice and turned around slowly, making my skirt twirl. "Actually I was looking for you." I said blushing and walking closer.

Nick didn't really look happy to see me, he just looked down. "Do you want to talk now?" I said trying to get his attention. "Um I guess." He said still not looking at me. "Is something wro-" I said but I was cut off by Ayanna. "HEY DANI! LETS GO! THE BOYS ARE WAITING!" she said laughing and honking the horn. "Looks like you gotta go." Nick replied walking away. "WAIT NICK. Your not coming to my house?" I said. "No I think I'm going to go home." He replied. "No. Come. Please. We can talk there." I said with puppy eyes. "ill meet you there." He said smiling a little and walking to his car. As he walked away I jumped up and silently screamed and ran off to my car.