[13] I'm Sorry (pt. 2)

"I can't believe her! I mean, I'm the bad guy!?" I droned on while Howard looks at me, almost falling asleep. I was pacing the floor for the 1000th time when Irene called.

I looked at my phone. Giving it a death stare. "Just pick up, man. I'm sure she feels bad" I gave the death stare to Howard. Thinking if I should pick up or not.

Then, I felt bad so I picked it up.

"Hey Ir-" I was cut abruptly. "Jay, I need to tell you something. I think that uh. We need to stop our relationship. I don't think you and me can be a thing anymore. I'm sorry" she said and hung up.

I was shocked. I put down my phone and sat down on my bed. "Jay? What's wrong? What'd she say?" Howard asked while crouching. "She said it's over. I -uh. I need to rest. Can you leave me alone for a while?" I asked kindly. Howard looks at me and stood up from the bed. "Sure dude" he said.

He closed the door and silence once again filled the room. Meanwhile, I'm filled with confusion, sadness, anger, mixed emotions. I don't know what to do anymore. Irene was the first girl to ever like me. I would give anything to protect her.

But why? Why did she do this to me? Is it because I punched Martin? I don't even know anymore. I spent the whole day, sleeping in my bed. Or maybe more to just lying on the bed thinking about what I could've done better.

A/N: Hey! Sorry this chapter was too short. I was really rushing and I wanted to end this part quickly. I promise next chapter will be long like the chapters before. Bye!