[7] Standing Up

Ding! The doorbell rang. It was 7:15 in the morning. I opened the door wearing my red Spider - Man hoodie and my journal in hand. It was Howard. "Hey Jay. Care for a ride to school. He said to me as he showed me his new car. An Aston Martin DB5 just like in the James Bond movies.

"Woah! How'd you get it?" I asked as I jumped in the car. "My father thought since he wasn't always around, he could make it up by buying me this car" he jumped in the car and started driving. I started off the day awesomely. (Is that even a word?)

"Hey Howard, thanks for the ride bud" He shook his head saying that it was just a matter between best friends. We did our little secret handshake and entered the school faster than a speeding bullet metaphorically speaking.

***

It was lunchtime. I was talking to Irene when I heard a chant from afar. "Lookie here everybody! Gregory here is gonna eat off of the floor!" I heard from my locker as I was talking to Irene. It was Harry Fritz bullying Gregory Newman. Yes I admit Gregory is a big guy. But he also has a big heart and nobody like that should be bullied.

"Irene, can you give me a second? I really need it" I said as I left her in awe. But a fraction of a second after I walked away, she hold my arm. "Be careful okay?" She looked at me with those teal eyes of her. Even through my glasses, I could still see dead in her eyes. I nodded my hand and she immediately let go of my arm.

I went through the huge crowd chanting "EAT! EAT! EAT!" Repeatedly. I got to Gregory and stopped him from eating off of the floor. I tried to help him get up but Harry pushed me before I could get close to Gregory.
"What's your deal Allen" he pushed me even more. I gave him a smirk and told him that I didn't want to get into a fight. He begins laughing and charged at me with his fist. It hit my abdomen but it didn't hurt as much as before. "Come on Fritz, is that all you got? You used to hit harder" I provoked him.

"You think so?" He said as he punches me again. "Come on! Harder!" I provoked him again. But this time I had to dodge all of his attacks until he ran out of energy and it didn't took long. "Had enough tough guy?" I jokingly said to him as I land a single blow to his tired body before he collapsed to the floor.

The whole school went silent. I walked up to Gregory and helped him get on his feet. "Thanks Jay, if it wasn't for you, Gregory would've had more germs than a person who hasn't had a bath in 3 weeks" Max said. Max was one of his loyal friends. He wasn't big. He was average sized. (Hehe average) Gregory shook my hand and we instantly became friends.

When I got back to Irene, Howard came out of nowhere. "J! You okay?" He cried out to me. I laughed as I wiped my face with my Flash handkerchief. "Huh, blood." I said as Irene hits me with a rolled up book. "You could've been severely injured you idiot!" She hugged me tightly. "I'm okay" I said as the bell rings signaling that lunchtime was over. Without hesitation, I helped Fritz got up and sent him to the principal's office and told the principal that he got sick and collapse to the ground. I walked out the door with a happy smile on my face.