Chapter 2.27 - White - The Colossal Skeleton

Começar do início

"Oh sorry about that..."

"Allow me." Ethereal steps in and aimed her rifle and shoots toward the skull of the skeleton.

Her bullet was able to barely knock the skeleton's skull behind, forcing it to raise its hand and looked at what was attacking it.

"White. Give me the paper." Lin handed out her hand to me.

I gave her the paper and she quickly puts it down to the floor of the roof and began to murmurs an ancient language that I felt familiar...

"Is that piece of paper...a scroll?" I asked her.

She nodded as she finally finished the enchantment. The symbol on the piece of paper then glowed as four other people appeared from it. As they were all lying on the floor in confusion, the scroll burns itself into nothingness as it has been used for good.

"You guys?" The four of my other roommate suddenly appeared from the paper.

Lin walks to me and said, "I used a scroll that enables me to open a transportation portal. This one doesn't come very cheap as I got this deal from a Yokai, a very shrewd Yokai."

"Oh, White! There you are!" Azreal noticed that I was here.

The others were glad as well to finally found us as they slowly stood up. But as we were about to enjoy the moment, our surroundings started to shake as we felt the tremors coming from Gashadokuro's howling.

Hemrietta then told us, "This is a good reunion and all but WHAT IN HEAVENS IS THAT?!"

Ethereal sighed and said, "That's a Yokai...A really big one...And it's starving...for human meat."

"Woah." Aspye was amazed, "What's going on here? Why are there so many Yokai down there?"

"It's almost like a lake from up here" said Kallen as he kneels down near the edge of the roof.

The Gashadokuro howled once again as I was explaining to them what was happening.

Then I said to all of them, "Look, one things for sure. We have to take down that huge Yokai. Some of you guys might have to help thin off the numbers of Yokai that is climbing up this roof."

"We can do that" Kallen volunteered for the boys.

"Good. Go then."

My fellow roommates left us to the floor below. As they were making their way down, they conversed a little.

"Weird...White's seems to be a little bit different" said Aspye.

Hemrietta answered, "You mean his eye?"

"No. The way he talks. He sounded a bit more...not caring about us..."

"I'm sure that's just your feeling, Aspye." Kallen assured him.

Azreal also seems to agree to Kallen, "Kallen is right, Aspye. You don't need to worry about him."

Their voices started to fade out as they finally travelled downstairs away from the three of us.

"Now tell me again why are you staying, Lin?"

"I've been tasked by Lala to watch on you and Zenith. And I have a promise to fulfil."

"Well if that's the case." I shrugged and shifted my focus to the skeleton. "Ethereal, cover me."

"Got it." Ethereal willingly heeded my call as she reloads her rifle.

I jumped and suddenly floated thanks to my Wind Elemental Magic. I travelled along the rough wind that I've made towards the skeleton and jumped onto its shoulder. Gashadokuro's hand started to make its move toward its shoulder as it plans to sweep me off of it but Ethereal managed to distract it just for a little bit with her rifle.

During the time of distraction, I charged up my Pure Wind energy which creates a windy aura around me. At the same time as well, small electrical current travelled around my body. This kind of moment reminds me of Rika Lightning whenever she was about to strike down a devastating lightning bolt to the ground. I won't be able to reach her level right now but I'm definitely sure I'm going to catch up to her soon.

Lin threw a card and stamped it on a skeleton. Once she activated the card, the card exploded into a bunch of melee weapons flying away in multiple directions. It barely hurt the skeleton because of its thick bone. But with all of the distraction the skeleton got, I was able to channel out my energy into a single powerful spell. I jumped off of the skeleton's shoulder and made a 'wind hand' that attached itself to me and the skeleton, allowing me to swing around The Chaos Beast like a bungee jump.

The direction I was moving was heading toward the ankle of the beast. I released my focused energy to create an elemental blade that was made from both of my wind and electrical attributes and swung through the skeleton's ankle. It's leg was chopped off as it quickly struggled trying to properly stand. But I'm not giving the beast any chance to make a counter attack as I quickly pulled myself with the 'wind hand' toward the upper part of the skeleton. As the other two was laying out the frontal distraction, I released another combined elemental blade and swung it behind the skeleton's neck.

This made the skeleton's skull looking toward the sky where I could finally reign down a ferocious attack. I stopped the time around me and 'blinked' myself to the top of the skull, exactly where The Mikazuki Blade was struck on. Once time has been resumed, I noticed that Yumiko has successfully saved Zenith.

I called her from the skull, "Yumiko!"

I sent down a single weak lightning bolt toward myself, acting as a lightning rod of sort. This kind of electrocuted me for a bit but the vibrations were able to the make The Mikazuki Blade loose from the skull. I kicked the blade's hilt upward and sent it flying toward Yumiko with the help of my wind magic. Both The Gashadokuro and I were electrocuted while Yumiko successfully grabbed The Mikazuki Blade.

Yumiko pushes Zenith away from the entrance of The Rift of Time and her fall was safely cushioned by Yumiko's water magic. She made a slight smile as she swung the blade into the air, to which her familiar, Violet appeared behind her.

TO BE CONTINUED