Chapter 2.16 - Kallen - A River Full of Yokai

After the horrible mess that happened at the arena, everyone was resting back at the hotel. But something doesn't seem quite right. That is, both White and Ethereal wasn't at the hotel at all. We even waited until the moon was on top of the sky already. By that time, we know something definitely happened with those two.

Lin who was waiting by the entrance spoke to me as I was walking toward the entrance, "Where are you going?"

"Looking for White and Ethereal, of course."

Lin stopped me and said, "No. It is too dangerous, Kallen."

"I don't get you. What do you mean by its too dangerous? There's no such thing to be afraid of."

"She must be talking about the Yokai..." Hemrietta suddenly appeared from room next to us.

I replied to him and said, "It's just a Yokai what are we supposed to be afraid of anyway?"

"Don't you know that there's many type of Yokai? There aren't really just your run of the mill monsters you see back at forest at our campus. Lin is just making sure that none of us will do anything stupid. I'm sure White and Ethereal don't want that to happen as well."

"You're not making sense, Hem. Our friend hasn't returned yet and that means something is not right! We have to find them!"

Then out of the blue, Zenith steps forward, "Kallen is right...I'm worried about White..."

"See? Even the lady is worried of our friend. Can't we at least do something?"

Hemrietta was at a loss for words but Lin suggested, "Hear me out, we will go out and find those two BUT everyone must come. It is better that way."

Hemrietta then said, "Then I'll go get Aspye, Azreal and Yumiko." He then went away to call for the others to get ready.

"Thanks for considering, Lin." I thanked the Kunoichi.

"As much as I don't look like it, I'm also worried about them. I promised Lala to keep an eye on him and Zenith. And that is we will do."

-

10 minutes later, everyone was finally ready to get out of the hotel. We've packed up some food just in case White and Ethereal hasn't eaten their dinner yet.

"Has any of you seen Yumiko? I can't seem to find her at all." Said Hemrietta.

Zenith then said, "She wasn't in her room either..."

"Yumiko is the blonde girl, am I right?" asked Lin.

Zenith nodded.

Lin then said, "She'll be fine on her own. We don't have much time to wait for her now. Let's get going everyone."

We got out of the hotel and traced our way back to the arena and we begin our search from there.

-

Several minutes have passed and somehow we found ourselves exhausted from all the searching across the area.

"I'm thirsty..." said Azreal.

"There's a river nearby." Said Lin. She then suggested, "Let's go over there."

Everyone followed to where she was leading us to and just a few seconds later, Azreal just went past us and immediately headed to the river that was right in front of us. He quickly drank the river's water.

Aspye then asked, "Shouldn't we check first if the water is fine or not?"

Azreal was pouring down a lot of water to his stomach.