A Day With Shayne

Two hours.

I got two whole hours of sleep.

I couldn't get it off of my mind. I can't believe Damien would actually do this to me. He was always so sweet, and he never seemed like the kind of person to even do this. I trusted him. I finally felt like I could date again, and he decides to rip my heart out, throw it on the ground and stomp on it.

I had turned my phone off, due to the continuous calls from Damien. I couldn't speak to him. I know he thinks that if he apologizes and explains himself, I'll just forgive him. But I can't.

I trusted him.

I finally decided to pull myself out of my bed when a knock sounded on my front door. I took a glance at myself in my bedroom mirror, repulsed by my current state.

So, I hollered a quick hold on, and changed into clothes that don't smell like a frat party, pulled my hair into a messy bun, and rinsed my face with some cold water. Deciding I looked at least presentable, I made my way to the front door and opened it, coming face to face with Shayne. His arms held several bags of various groceries, and he had an empathetic smile on his face. "May I come on?" He asked, carefully as if he were trying not to set off a bomb.

I nodded, stepping aside so he could waddle in with his bundle of things. I watched him go straight for my kitchen, which I followed after locking the door behind me.

"What's all this?" I asked, as I watched him begin to put things up.

"I figured after last night, you'd need some comfort food. I got some ice cream, brownies for us to bake, pop corn for us to watch movies, movies, some chips and the stuff to make tacos. Because tacos fix everything."

I couldn't help but smile at his sweet gesture. He really went out and bought all this stuff to try and make me feel better.

"I also bought you a really soft blanket, because soft blankets are great." He said, reaching to the floor and handing me a packaged blanket.

"Shayne, you didn't have to do all of this for me."

"I know, but i also can't sit around knowing you're like this, and I already know that you aren't going to tell anyone right now. You were gonna try to deal with it on your own. I also know your phone is shut off, because I tried calling and it went straight to voicemail. I'm not doing this because I have to, Y/n. I'm doing this because I want to." He stopped messing with the groceries, and turned to face me. He had small bags under his eyes, and I was able to notice that his knuckles looked a little bruised.

"What happened to your hand?"

"I was at the gym hitting the punching bag. I went back over to Damien's, but realized I wanted to hit him so I let off some steam." He said, awkwardly rubbing his knuckles. "I didn't want to upset you further."

I smiled to him, taking his hand and looking at his knuckles. "No, thank you. I really appreciate all you've done for me. Let me get you an ice pack and you take it easy for a bit?"

"No, you go sit on the couch. I'm gonna put in (fav movie), make you some pop corn then grab an ice pack."

"But-"

"I'll carry you if I gotta." Sighing in defeat, I walked over to the couch, and sat down. I decided to unwrap the new blanket, spreading it out and wrapping it around me. It was surprisingly really soft.

Shayne put the movie in, and I watched the trailers as he made the popcorn. It took about two minutes before he sat in the spot beside me, placing the popcorn between us and resting his hands down with the ice packs.