Chapter 1 - The Ceremony

It was evening in Eviona, Highland. Every elf in Highland was getting ready for the ceremony of Amethyst. The elves hanged up lanterns around the Mother Tree of Highland. Its surrounding looked beautiful in the evening.

The elves themselves were wearing all white clothing for the occasion. An elf's ceremony was the most important event in their life, next to their birth. It represented a new beginning for them in Eviona, as a Linker.

The elves took place under the giant branches of the Mother Tree, facing the centre. In the centre, there was a circle made out of smaller circles. That was the spot where an elf takes place to create the link between themselves and their Mother Tree. The ceremony was about to begin..

-

"Amethyst, stop acting like a chicken! And open the bloody door!" Blossom kept slamming on the door that Amethyst had locked.

She had locked herself into one of the rooms of the cabin, the bathroom to be exact. They were staying in this cabin until the ceremony would begin.

"Have you seen the crowd outside?!" she yelled. Amethyst was extremely nervous. She had to live up to their house name. After all, she was Amethyst of Highland, daughter of Avalon The Great, a hero of The Fairy War.

Blossom went away from the door. She opened the curtains in front of the window. Blossom looked outside and saw the crowd. She saw their parents, Cos and many other elves.

"Yes, whole Highland is there. Just like they were here for my ceremony last year. Now open the bloody door, Thyst." Blossom closed the curtains again. She went back to the door. "Open the door or I'm telling father about what you did last summer!"

"Hey!" Amethyst opened the door. "We were never going to mention that!"

Blossom laughed. She smirked at her younger sister.

"Please, like I would tell father," Blossom continued laughing.

"Oh, you lied. Sneaky bastard."

She dragged Amethyst out of the bathroom to the couch. Kindly, Blossom pushed Amethyst on the couch and sat down next to her.

As she was holding Amethyst's hand, she said, "Thyst, forget everyone out there. The ceremony is only about you and our Mother Tree."

Amethyst nodded.

Nothing could go wrong...

Right?

-

There she was. Amethyst walked down the all white flower path to the Mother Tree. White petals fell down on the ground. The moon light shined upon the elves. It looked beautiful but all eyes were on Amethyst's grass green dress. Avalon had done a good job with that dress. The crowd loved how she looked in it. It reminded them of the time young Avalon did his ceremony in his grass green suit. He smiled at Amethyst. He was so proud of his youngest daughter.

Gosh, it feels like I'm getting married..

She saw Blossom next to their mother. Blossom waved at her full of joy.

"You can do it, Thyst!" she shouted.

"Amethyst," said Avrilla as she passed them. Their mother seemed less excited, as usual.

I can do it, I can.

I'm Amethyst of Highland.

I am the daughter of Avalon..

I can...

Do this.

Amethyst walked closer to the giant tree. The moment was almost there for her. She would become a Linker.

I'll become a Linker.

I am sure of it.

I can do it.

Amethyst stopped at the centre. She looked up.

Wow, so beautiful.

I have seen it before at other ceremonies but it feels different.

Amethyst looked at her family. Blossom kept cheering for her, Avalon looked proud and Avrilla was still being herself.

I can do it. I can.

Amethyst stepped into the circle. She closed her eyes. The ceremony began.

"Eira, allow me to create a Link with the Mother Tree of Highland in the name of Eviona..," she hesitated. "I, Amethyst of Highland, swear to protect the Mother Tree of Highland with my life and soul. I swear to only do what is right for Eviona and its children..even if it will be my death."

Everyone waited for the moment; the moment that the circle would glow what would make Amethyst open her eyes, having her link. It was complete silent among the elves. You could hear the wind whispering against the leaves of the Tree.

Why is nothing happening?

Eira, please.

I'll do anything, anything.

Give me a sign. Please.

Amethyst kept her eyes closed. She tried to focus on the Mother Tree. She couldn't open up her eyes until she had a link. She must have a link, Amethyst thought. She prayed and prayed to Eira. Begged for her link, and then all the sudden, a bright light shined upon her.

"Amethyst, Amethyst, Amethyst."

"You again. Who are you?"

Amethyst looked surprised but she couldn't see much. She could only hear the voice, that angelic voice.

"Amethyst, Amethyst, Amethyst," said voice again.

"Who are you?"

"Amethyst, I need you to open up. Amethyst!"

"Open up?"

"Amethyst, reach to me."

"But who are you?"

"Amethyst, open up. Reach to me."

Amethyst was confused. Something like this had never happened before. Usually, the voice would only call for her name in her dreams.

What could the voice want? What could it want now? What does it mean?

"Amethyst!"

"What was I doing? The ceremony. Wait, how did I get here? Why now?"

"Amethyst, you know why."

"It's your 18th birthday.." - "It's my 18th birthday," they said at the same time.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Author Note

If you enjoyed this part, please do comment & vote, I love interacting with readers! ♡

Tana