I get what she is saying and I see where she is coming from. I just wish the process was a little faster. I still haven't found anything related to my mother.

"Do you think in time Benjy would accept us too?" I asked. As much as I don't trust him Benjy is still my brother and I don't want us to end up like Ben and Neema. I am trying not to become like our family. 

We arrive at the restaurant which is a southern-style restaurant.

"Wow, he picked a nice place." Zoe says as we entered the restaurant. I found Erick in the far left of the restaurant seated at a table. I quickly run over to him and give him a hug. I have missed him so much and it feels so good to see a comfortable face. 

"Imani" As we got closer to the table Zoe grabbed my arm. I turned around and looked at her confused. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Do you smell that?" She said. I smell the air and look at her even more confused. 

"Yeah, food." I said. 

"No. I mean another scent like a scent of a wolf." She whispers into my ear. 

"Well, I mean half the population belongs to the Sliver Fang pack so?" I said not understanding what she is trying to say. Zoe looks around the restaurant one last time then lets out a sigh. 

"Forget." She says shaking her head. "My wolf is telling me something different. But if you don't feel then..." She says dropping it. 

Star?

Yes, My wolf answers. 

Do you understand what Zoe is saying? I asked. 

I do smell a scent different from what we smelled before, but I am not sure what it is since the scent of the food here is strong. My wolf says. 

We continue to walk towards the table Eric is sitting at. Eric gets up and quickly rushes over to give me a hug. 

"Imani," He says giving me a squeeze. 

"I missed you too." I said hugging him back. We pull away from each other and I introduce him to Zoe. 

"This is my cousin Zoe. And Zoe this is my best friend Eric who basically traveled to the other the side of the country from me." I said with a smile. The moment Eric and Zoe's eyes met there was a wired shift in the air. I felt like they were both sizing each other up. I don't know what was happening but something told me that Eric and Zoe are not going to click like I thought they would.

"Nice to meet you." Eric said reaching out his hand. Zoe slowly reaches out her hand and hands Eric's hand. She doesn't say anything.

"Okay, so let's order I am hungry," I said trying to change the atmosphere. I take a seat next to Eric while Zoe sits across from us. We order our food and while we eat Eric tells me what he has been up to. I also tell Eric what I have been up to. 

"So you still haven't gotten closer with your dad yet?" He asks. 

"No, we haven't had a chance to talk because he always working. Part of me wonders if Benjy goes through this too. Maybe that's why he's been an ass?" I said. Maybe Benjy doesn't get to be with his dad as often as I thought and that's why he is being a brat towards everything. 

"Who cares about that little boy." Zoe said rolling her eyes. 

"Okay, now I got to meet him." Eric said with a laugh.

"Trust me you don't," I said shaking my head. 

"So Eric what does your parents think about you moving out here?" Zoe asked.