friends ♤ jojian

[edited, slight changes, 400 words]

joji's p.o.v

It's four am, I can't sleep. It's been so long since I haven't been able to sleep. It's been so long since I've told him I loved him. I don't think he believes me. Maybe that's why I can't fall asleep, sadness. Yeah, I feel very sad. I miss him. I'm disappointed he doesn't believe me when I say I love him. He brushes it off, saying friends say they love each other all the time. But that's not it. I love him, I want him to be mine. I want to kiss him and cuddle him. I want to make him smile and laugh. But he doesn't feel the same. He says we're just friends. That makes me sad. I wish he was here to hold me. Falling asleep in his arms always makes me happy. Why does Ian have to be so lovable?

ian's p.o.v

In all honesty, I miss Joji. But I won't tell him that. George makes me smile, and laugh. But I won't let him see. I like him, I love him. But I don't want to get too attached. One day I'll snap and end it. And if I'm with Joji, it'll just make it worse. I'm so miserable, so sad. I can't find a reason to keep going, besides him maybe. I'm not good at anything. I'm not handsome. I'm not good enough for Joji. He's so, so goddamn perfect and talented. I'm just, here. Why does he love me? I just don't understand.

third person p.o.v

Ian drove to Joji's apartment, not caring it's almost five am. He unlocked the door with the spare key in the broken lamp outside. Ian is a mess, hair sticking every way and tear stained cheeks. Quietly Ian walks in once locking the door, going all the way to Joji's room. He finds Joji staring at the ceiling with no emotion. Without warning Ian walks in and sits on the end of his bed. Joji looks at him in surprise, looking scared. Now Joji's expression turns to that of confusion. Ian just crawls under the blankets with Joji and wraps him in a hug. He hugs back, both starting to quietly cry. Soon their cries become audible; they just hold each other tighter. But it doesn't last long, as they soon both drift to sleep in a content headspace.
they have each other,
so they're happy
even if they're
just friends.