Chapter Twelve

~ Y/N P.O.V ~

On Deku's word, we all lunged upwards into the air avoiding two different group attacks. We did this frequently to avoid many people from taking our headband. We were doing alright up until Bakugou's group started to make their way towards us. "Bakugou's coming straight for us, watch out Deku." I say as we ran around. I watched as we tried to keep our distance from other teams.

We dodged, weaved and made our way to some open space. I watched as some of the teams who were after us were losing their own headbands just to gain ours. I smirked watching everyone try to catch us, I knew this was a good team idea. Just as I had said that Bakugous team had begun their approach to us. Oh dear, this is going to be a tough one to dodge. We jumped put to avoid one of Mineta's grape balls when we heard the familiar growling grunt of hot-head-the-hedgehog behind us.

I looked behind me to see Bakugou hurling his arm towards Deku's headband. I can't let him get it! Without any time to think I threw my hand into the air and created an explosion with the borrowed quirk. I had blocked his attack, but in return, my arm was burning in pain. You are a fucking prick, I swear when I get my hands on you, I'll make sure you apologize for hurting my precious arm!

Once we got back on the ground we back to dodging and weaving with a little bit of fighting. The timer was counting down on the last few seconds when we were corned with Todoroki's team and Bakugou's team. I made eye contact with Todoroki as he advanced, please don't do this Todoroki... Arms were flung at each other and quirks were being used. It seemed as if time were being slowed to halt and that we were moving in somewhat of a slow type of motion as we all advanced onto each other.

Time was up before our big collision with the other teams. They counted everyone's points and we ended up snagging the fourth place position. Four must be my lucky number. I looked at Deku and the rest of my team, "Good job you guys." Deku smiled telling me that I helped the team out well. I didn't do much though... I smiled thanking him, only to be pulled with the rest of the group into a hug by Tokoyami. I didn't mind the group hug until I felt the wound in my side give off a piercing pain. I pulled myself away from the hug with a wince and holding my side.

Ochako's eyes widened, "I forgot about your injury, are you alright?" I nodded, lying to them. I can't back down now, I've gone too far for this. "Maybe we should take her to Recovery Girl and have her-" Before Deku could finish his request I blurted out a somewhat loud, "No!" I guess it was loud since the people in my general area all turned towards me. I gave a nervous smile and laugh, "I'm fine just a little sore from..." Think Y/N, think! "from...not stretching! I forgot to stretch before competing!" An outright lie flooded into the ears of my peers.

I got a multitude of looks from everyone varying from strange, concerned and annoyed. I smiled and turned from everyone. A little while passed and the bracket for the one v. one fights came out. Looks like my first fight is easy, Kaminari Denki.

-A Quick Notice –

So, for the remainder of the games, I chose to replace certain people with yourself. The outcome from the original games will stand with Bakugou coming in first. However, the reader will take on more opponents than who she replaced. Please don't be alarmed or upset with the outcome. I have a pretty good fight scene coming up and would love for you guys to see it, as well as  a confession..? You'll see! Thank you for sticking up with my late uploads, I know I suck! Happy Reading lovelies~
I would also like to thank you guys for 1K readers and for voting on the story! We got up to Rank #12  in todorokixreader, and I am beyond excited but also very thankful for all of you! I am blessed and also shocked because this is my first successful story, love you all so much and  I hope you are enjoying reading as I am enjoying writing!