"Why didn't you call for me, Kota?" Cas questions quietly, him and Mary are both paying close attention to her story. 

"I-I didn't think of it." She answers, she rubs her hands against her face. She's so stupid, how could she not think to call Cas for help, he had helped her before. "I don't know, I was scared, Cas. I was terrified and I had to take care of everyone else. There was a pile of bags from various hikers that were taken by it. So, I went searching through the bags until I found something that could kill the damn thing, I found a flare gun...but it was too late. The wendigo got two of my classmates before I found the thing, one of them I barely knew, but...the other one was Isabella." 

Dakota takes a deep breath and Cas grabs her hand for comfort, Mary places a motherly hand on her shoulder and squeezes gently. 

"She was screaming and pleading with me to help her, kept crying out my name. I hid--hid under the bags, I was scared. I pushed away the fear and I found the gun, the wendigo grabbed me next. I thought I was scared before, but this...this was like pure terror. I screamed so loud that dad said he heard in in the woods, he was lookin' for my class. Dad got the thing's attention and it let me go, so I shot it while it was distracted. I've been scared of hunting, I go on hunts, of course, but I'm still so scared something like that's gonna happen to my dad or Sammy. So I stay, I look out for them." 

"It's not your fault, Kota, you know that, right?" Mary asks her, placing her hand on Dakota's cheek so the young girl looks at her. 

"I...I know that, it's just really hard." Dakota sighs, Mary can't help but bring her granddaughter into a warm hug. 

Dakota stills, it was odd being hugged by someone besides Sam, Dean, or Cas. Dakota never got hugged by her mother, so being hugged by a woman now, was strange for her. The young hunter hesitates before wrapping her arms tightly around Mary's waist, her head digs into the crook of the woman's neck. She bites her lip harshly, trying to keep tears from her eyes. Being in Mary's arms was comforting to Dakota, it was family to her. 

"Do...do you mind if I call you grandma?" Dakota question tentatively, pull away slightly to look at her. 

Mary's face brightens and she grins at Dakota, she had the same grin that Sam had, it warms Dakota's heart but also saddens her slightly. Her uncle was still in the house, most likely, Dean told them to wait there but what if something happened to him? How would Dakota get over losing him to something that was her fault? She could've stayed with Sam and helped him, but she ran. 

"Of course you can, sweetheart." Mary says kindly, placing a hand on Dakota's cheek. 

Dakota smiles at her before it falls away as something else clouds over her mind, something that's been bothering her since she met Mary.

"I don't know if you remember this, but awhile back Cas sent dad and I to the past." Dakota starts, she feels Cas shift around beside her. "We found you, well...we found grandpa first and he was young, he was really young. Like dad's age. We found you and your parents, dad was helping you guys hunt yellow-eyes. H-he possessed me, nobody knew until we made it back to your house. I-he pinned Samuel and my dad to chairs, made me kill your...mother." Dakota swallows and looks away. "I tried to fight against him, I swear I did, but there was nothing I could do to stop him. I was trapped inside when he killed grandpa. I'm the reason you made that deal, I'm the reason Azazel killed you and bled into Sammy's mouth. Everything that happened to dad and grandpa and Sammy, it's my fault." 

Mary pulls Dakota into another hug, placing a hand on the back of the girl's head. 

"Dakota, nothing that happened was your fault. I'm not mad at you, and I forgive you. John would've forgave you too, I know that he loved you, how could he not? You're exactly like Dean." Dakota lets out a laugh, digging her face into Mary's shoulder and holding her tightly. "You're strong, Dakota, but you're not that strong. Nobody can fight off being possessed by a demon, especially not yellow-eyes." Mary soothes her, rubbing her hair gently. 

"I'm so sorry." Dakota whispers, forcing herself not to cry. 

"It's not your fault, honey." 

"She's right, Dakota. Azazel was a prince of Hell, you were lucky to survive the possession." Cas answers bluntly.

Dakota can't help but laugh at his bluntness.

Silence envelops the three. 

"What's your favorite color?" Dakota questions, breaking the silence. 

Mary looks thrown by the question but smiles nevertheless.

"Hazel. Well, it's a mixture of colors, but it was John's eye color." Mary answers, softly. "Yours?"

"Sammy has hazel eyes. I love the color blue."

Dakota and Mary question each other back and forth before Mary gets restless and decides to go look for Dean, she makes Cas watch Dakota so she doesn't follow her. Dakota grumbles and perches herself next to Cas, the angel pats her back awkwardly. 

Sorry for the short chapter guys, I wanted to add a little conversation between Mary and Dakota, seeing as how they've barely spoken to each other prior. 

Do you think they'll have a good relationship? 

How will Dakota feel about Mary?