Senior Year

A week went by and today was the day my Senior year starts. I couldn't wait to graduate. I wanted to be a veterinarian like my dad, since little I always loved pets. Dad would let me got to his pet clinic, I enjoyed helping him. I still go till this day. 

I had a funny feeling about today. But might be cause it's the first day of school. I got ready and then joined them for breakfast. We hugged our parents and left. I picked up Jane and Chris. Good thing they only live 5 minutes away. Since our parents were best friends, they all wanted to live near by. That's a plus living next to your best friends. 

Once we got to school, we exit the car and the love birds walked hand in hand to their lockers. Meanwhile I walked alone. Matty walked over to Clara who happens to be his best friend. He likes her a lot and she's so sweet. I hope those two do get together. I'm pretty sure she likes him back. 

I walked over to my locker and put my stuff there along with some snacks. I love my junk food.

"Skye, I hope this year you join the cheer squad." Cheryl said while handing me a pom-pom. She's the captain. She was really nice, actually everyone in the squad was nice. They weren't fake or mean, they just love cheering for our school team.

"I'm not sure, I'll have to think about it, okay?" I replied.

"Course, we will begin practice next week, we're down a girl. Hopefully you will join us. Cause girl, you got some moves." She said before leaving. I couldn't help but chuckled. Such a chirpy person she is.

"Are you joining the cheerleading team?" I turned to see Jane. "I'm not sure, I said I would think about it. But who knows." I shrugged. Jane was also in the team. We walked to our first class which was history. This subject was so boring I always fell asleep.

The principal came to our classroom and said that just for today we had a free period cause our history teacher just quit. But he also told us a new teacher will be replacing her starting tomorrow. Well, I hope this new teacher isn't boring and makes this class a bit fun. Who am I kidding, you can have the hottest teacher in the class, and the subject would still be boring.

Lunch came and the three of us sat in our table just talking and eating. Well I ate they were being cheesy. I can't with them. I'm always the third wheel. "Take a break." I said while throwing my fries at them. They broke up from their kiss and gave me an annoyed look.

"Can't you two horn dogs wait to be out of school to make out?" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, we will try to not be cheesy around you." Chris chuckled. 

"the things we do for you." Jane sighed. My friends are something else. 

After school I drove home, I just wanted to take a long nap. After my two hour nap I woke up and went straight to the kitchen and made a sandwich. I took it to the living room and put a movie on Netflix. I live a very exciting life. 

"How was your first day at school?" Mom asked while sitting next to me. 

"You know, just boring classes." I sighed, she just chuckled. We stayed in silence for a bit.  "Mom, you ever had a little hope that maybe,  just maybe, the person you like will like you back?"

She just smiled and said, "Yeah, with your dad. I needed money so bad, I ended up working for his family. The first year we never talked. But the second year we did, and as our conversations got deeper, I fell for him. But I figured it was a crush and that it would go away. I mean a rich guy like him would never pay attention to me-" 

"But she was wrong, our talks under the apple tree made me fall for her. Your mother was the only girl who didn't want anything from me. Just love. We were, made for each other." He smiled before giving her a quick kiss. I smiled while looking at them. Even after so many years, they're still so in love. That's the kind of love I want. Hopefully one day I will get it. 

"The right guy will come, my little princess. Even though I prefer if you didn't date, I know I can't stop it. All I can hope is, he treats you right. Otherwise he will be meeting my fist." Dad said before placing a kiss on my forehead. He got up and went to his room. 

You still haven't been able to move on from your crush." Mom said while giving me a side hug. I laid my head on her shoulder and just said, "no, it's impossible and I don't know why. I know it's crazy to cry about a crush." I sobbed. 

"When it comes to matters of the heart, there's no frame time for love. Who knows, life might surprise you with a great guy. What if that guy turns out to be your crush. Life has a way of bringing two people that are meant to be together. I know it did for me." She replied while wiping my tears.

"Ever think that maybe you already met the person you're supposed to be with?" She asked me.

"I thought it was Hunter, but I was wrong. So guess I still have yet to meet the person I'm supposed to be with." I sighed. We sat there in silence. 

Well that was until we heard some trucks. Great, the new neighbour just arrived.  We got up and checked through the window to see who our neighbours were. But all we got were backs, guess we'll meet them tomorrow.