pregnancy tales

Ever since they've been married, every day Yukhei can only thank the gods for allowing him to be with a partner like Lisa, whom he can never find himself getting tired of.

It was one thing living together, but living together as a married couple — he wouldn't expect it to make a difference. To away to his wife sleeping soundly, rarely would she wake up first but the ring on his finger made him so happy he would always make a quick trip to the moon and back.

Both were happy, and Lisa herself had been extremely happy to be married to her husband, who was even more loving than before, the way they now spent their days in the home had a difference to before.

Their nights together would be undeniably longer, especially as they would make it so.

Marriage sure can spice things up a bit.

Yukhei stirs in his sleep, inhaling deeply before slowly exhaling and smiling, he turns to the side, throwing an arm as he expects to meet the warmth of his wife's skin. Especially after a loving night of skin to skin, it felt nice to wake up to her there, by him —

Only that this time, she wasn't there.

He opens his eyes in confusion to see the left side of the bed empty, and feeling fairly cold in comparison to his side. The male sits up and had his brows furrowed, until having his answers questioned when having the scent of breakfast come to him.

Grabbing the pair of sweater pants from the floor, he makes his way out of their room.

His wife was only dropped in her white blouse of last night, and Yukhei wouldn't deny that just the piece of clothing on its own and her beige underwear that peaked from underneath was an enticing sight on its own.

Lisa jumps in place when having arms slither around her waist, letting out a sigh before bringing herself to smile and lean back into her husband's embrace. "I'm cooking, you shouldn't try to scare me." She jokes.

But her husband only hums in return, "i was a bit disappointed to not wake up with you by my side." His lips treading along the side of her neck, peppering it with light kisses as he smiles. "It's rare for you to wake up first — and to prepare breakfast? Wow, that's quite a sight."

"I woke up early and thought I'd do something." She says, turning around in the male's arms after turning the fire low, she grins up at Yukhei and hugs him tightly. "Good morning." Her hands make their way to the back of his neck, pulling him down with a smile.

The moment their lips softly collide onto one another, one mistake the female makes it to forget how her husband in the morning was always one to try and light up the fire if there had been one in the night before.

Lisa lets out a surprised sound when having the kiss become deeper and Yukhei's grip on her tighten, she smacks his arm numerous times, and eventually she did have to give in to the kiss.

But after a minute, they pull away to regain their breath, but Lisa was the first to turn around, "I'm cooking! Do you want to have burnt food?" She jokes while now trying to completely pay attention to their breakfast.

By the looks of it, Lisa had been trying to avoid Yukhei and his sudden change of expression. The male hesitated to ask but eventually, he would have to.

He places his chin on his wife's shoulder. "Lisa... did you throw up?" Her eyes shut themselves.  Just great.

It was weird — waking up so early in the morning and right after, feeling so sick to the point she sprinted for the bathroom. She was quite thankful she hadn't woken up her husband in her rush, it had been happening for the past week or so, and it was pure luck that for most time, Yukhei left early for work.

Her hands tem off the fire and she leans over the stove and turns around to face her husband. And not to mention, she went out so early in the morning to drugstore to buy a specific small box.

"Yukhei..." She whispers his name when turning around again. She wouldn't lie to herself, but she felt scared of his reaction. Was it too early? "I've been feeling sick quite often lately — "

"Should we go see a doctor?"

"No, no, there's no need for one, I know what it is." She chuckles wryly, leaning onto her husband before looking up, her nervous eyes meet his worried ones. "... You know, we've been together for three years now, right?"

"Yep, three years together as a married couple, and therefore, we've been together for nine years." He runs his finger through her hair, before leaning down and kissing the crown of her head. "What's going on in your mind, love? Mind sharing?"

Lisa smiles against his chest until taking a deep breath, preparing herself.

"... Between the colours blue and pink, which one would you choose to paint an extra room?" The question comes out. She is still not looking up at him, but she feels his chest vibrate as he lets out a laugh.

"Now..." He starts, but never really got to finish.

There was silence between the two of them and Lisa did not know how to feel, the only thing she knew was about how fast her heart had been beating, awaiting for his response to the news.

Yukhei's hands grip her shoulders before pulling Lisa away slightly, she saw the look in his eyes; which was mixed with so many emotions all at once, she didn't know which had been which.

"Lisa..." she swallows down the knot of nervousness, before humming in response. "Are you...?"

Lisa tries her best to smile, so far, she hadn't really known if he was glad or not. "Pregnant?" She ends his sentence. "Yes... I'm pregnant, Yukhei."

Next thing she knows, is that her husband's expression breaks out into a wide, happy grin and he instantly scoops her off the ground, earning a shriek from her as he is running around the apartment with her in his arms, laughing so loudly as Lisa is pleading him to put her down.

The neighbors might've thought the couple had been out of their minds.

But he doesn't do so until both of them crash onto the couch, while still laughing as his wife is scolding him in relief of his reaction.

"You're pregnant!" He exclaims, pulling away and grasping onto his wife's face. "You're pregnant!" He repeats and places kisses all over her, earning laughs from Lisa which fill his ears with music.

Lisa had her arms go around the male as he continues to place kisses all over her features. "I'm pregnant, Yukhei." She says, now sounding more relieved than before. "We're having a child."

But she felt confused when feeling his head rest on her shoulder and not much longer until she feels something soak into the material of her blouse.

Her hands come up to his hair and they run through it, and she could feel how her husband trembled beneath her touch and earning a smile.

"Hey..." she calls out softly. "Yukhei, look at me."

"Fuck, I love you so much." Her eyes widen at his words, he pulls away, wiping away his own tears but they were stubborn and continued to keep on coming. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He places longing pecks on his wife's lips after every word, not long after, simply letting his forehead touch hers. "Thank you so much."

Lisa stares at her husband, amazed at his reaction, never would she expect Yukhei to cry at the announcement of her pregnancy. "I'll take care of the both of you." He promises. "I'll be the best dad and husband to ever exist."

"Oh god." Lisa laughs and throws herself onto the male, having them go down to the couch once again. "You are already the best husband!" She says, pulling away and staring lovingly into deep brown eyes. "I love you so much, thank you, Yukhei." She caresses his messed strands of hair.

The male smiles in delight when feeling Lisa trail the ways of his tear stricken cheeks. "God, I can't wait... Do you think they'd be as loud as me?"

Lisa laughs and drops her her body onto her husband's. "Maybe at first yes, I think they will."