ever-after

TW: really really really long like no joke, longer than anything

Lisa had been staring at herself in the mirror for the past three hours, all her friends and family were chatting behind her but she was absolutely quiet. She still couldn't believe it, she was getting married, today was her wedding day, and she was finally wearing a girl's dream dress.

It was a clear day, the skies whisking away white clouds in the middle of autumn, her hair was up in a bun with a small flower crown at the top of her head. She thought she looked beautiful. Too beautiful. And it was too real to be true, it was hard to believe that there she was.

And one of the things she hated the most was she hadn't seen her almost-husband in two days. And she missed him just too much at this point.

"Hey, Lisa!" She snaps out of her daze at Chaeyoung's voice. "We need to go in ten."

"T-Ten?" And now she was panicking. "I-I can't, I'm not ready, I — "

"Somebody get me a glass of water and her mum." Spoke Chaeyoung again, this time, approaching Lisa and sitting her down. "It's my wedding all over again. Listen, it's going to be fine."

"Chaeyoung, what if he says no— "

"Yukhei would never say no to marrying you when he is literally a puppy around you." The girl giggles and caressing the younger's face, bringing her close with a sigh. "And I know he loves you that much, didn't he say it himself, it's been his biggest dream to marry you?"

"He did?"

"Well, to us, he did." Comes in Jennie with Jisoo, smiling down at their gorgeous-looking maknae, who had tears brimming her eyes. "Don't you cry now, it's going to smudge all the work the stylists did on you!"

"I know!" Whined Lisa, looking up and breathing in to make sure the tears wouldn't fall.

Coming in through the door, quickly, came Lisa's mother. When her eyes meet her daughter's, she now understands as to why she had been called out by Sorn, she smiles at her Lisa, who tried even harder to hold back her tears as her mother approaches.

"My darling, you look beautiful." The mother whispers into her daughter's ear as they hug each other tightly, the older woman gently and carefully caressing Lisa's hair. "I don't understand why you're so scared."

Lisa shakily breathes out. "I don't know mum, I feel so nervous, what if he really just doesn't want me, this is so nerve wrecking." She voices out all her worries in her mother language, and somewhat, only then, being able to ease her more. "I love him, mum, I love Yukhei, but what if he just doesn't deserve me — " She instantly shushed by her mother.

She smiles and a small laugh left her quietly. "Nonsense, child, of course he deserves you! I know the young man more than you think, and even his mum tells me how much he boasts about how you're a wonderful partner to him. Lalisa, he loves you so much more than you can imagine." The young girl has her lower lips trembling at such words and she looks down, leaning onto her mother for support.

She is trying to control her tears. "Mum, I'm going to cry."

"Don't cry now, cry when you get to him." The woman chuckles and bringing her daughter up, who trembled slightly with how her legs were shaking. Lisa's mother reaches for her cheeks and caresses them softly, staring up at her beautiful daughter. "Now mark my words, this is going to be the best day of your life, today is your day, enjoy it the best you can. Don't worry about anything."

The female slowly nods, finally bringing herself to smile and having everyone is the room sigh in relief at her smile. They all knew they could count on her mother for that matter. Chaeyoung once again reminds about the time and they needed to rush. This time, Lisa stands tall before hugging her mother.