Brotherly Talk

JUGHEAD POV

Betty arrived in Riverdale in late October, and that time has passed so quick. It's December now and the cold weather gets everyone excited for the holidays coming up. Except me and my friends. We have investigations and problems we need to take care of.

Veronica Lodge was still trying to live up to her parents expectations. She's practicing new spells everyday. She sometimes does spells now and gets bloody noses and faints when she does them. She's becoming weak from the dark magic she uses, but there's no escaping Mommy and Daddy Lodge.

Fangs and Sweetpea are doing an investigation of there own. They're trying to figure out why Sweetpea turned when it wasn't a full moon. Sweetpea is scared that he's gonna turn out of nowhere again.

Toni and Kevin have been supporting us on the side and helping us figure out what we're gonna do about that Coven. They aren't really helpful though. I really want them to go back to there Human lives.

My girlfriend, Betty Cooper, had been staying at the Andrews house for the past week. A strange man named Jason Blossom walked into her life fast than you can say "Vampire"

The worst part is that he's dating her older sister, Polly Cooper. There's something off about Jason and we're going to figure out what.
————————————————————————
THE STORY

I laid asleep on the couch until I heard the door slam. I immediately shot up and saw Archie slowly closing the door.

"Jeez Arch, trying to wake up everyone across the world?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry, but I go on a run at 5AM every morning. Also, is Betty leaving today?" Archie asked. I got up and went into the kitchen and Archie followed.

"I think Jason is staying there for another week. I'm sleeping on the couch still." I sighed. Archie scoffed and shook his head.

"Dude, Get Betty out of here. I love Betty, she's my friend...but it's not healthy. You're sleeping on the couch so your girlfriend can have your bed! You need to encourage Betty to make things right with Polly. Betty has already lost so much, I don't want her to lose anymore." Archie said. I nodded and grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge and started to drink it. Archie pulled out a newspaper and slammed it in front of me.

"FIVE TEENAGERS FOUND DEAD BY ANIMAL ATTACK IN FAUX FOREST!"

I picked it up and started to read it and then I got to the part where it said that they all had bite marks on their necks and their bodies were drained of blood.

"I saw it while I was running. They found the bodies just a few hours ago in Greendale! Do you know what this means?" Archie asked. I sighed slammed the newspaper on the table.

"The Coven, they're trying to send a message. They're gonna keep messing with us until we hand over Betty. I would have her take my blood everyday but she doesn't want to. I don't think I can protect anymore."

"She doesn't need protecting. She needs to learn how to fight and to always be aware. How's that investigation about Ella going?" Archie asked pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

"She was friends with the royal family. They believe that Ella's father did something that was against the law. So a man came in the middle of the night and killed him first. Then he killed Ella's mother. Ella's bed was covered in blood but her body wasn't there. I'm thinking, Elekina Dawnovini sailed to England and got a name change, Ella Dawn. She then moved to the USA and lived life there."

"Why do you think England?" Archie asked making a bow of Lucky Charms for himself.

"She talked about how she lived in England for decades. I never thought anything of it until now. I have an idea...but it involves Betty and Dilton." I said. Archie looked confused and he shook his head.

"We need to keep Betty out of most things. We need to keep her safe, Jug."

"I know, Arch. It's not dangerous but it gives us answers. I'm thinking we give a piece of Betty's hair or something and he tries to see Ella through Betty. I want her to stay safe too. She means a lot to me. Archie, promise me something." I said. Archie nodded and I breathed heavily at what I was gonna say.

"Just in case, something happens to me...will you take care of Betty for me. Or if she changes her mind and wants to be with a guy that's human, than be her best friend."

"Jughead, are you saying that you and Betty aren't gonna have a future?"

"I know it and you know it. I can't give her marriage because I won't grow hold. I can't give her children because...well, you know. I can technically be her great-grandfather."

"Yeah, but you don't look a day over 21. I need to take a shower, Jughead. But we'll talk later." Archie said putting his dishes in the sink. He went upstairs and I looked back at the newspaper and sighed. I read the title over and over again. It made me sad. 5 teenagers were dead because of me and my friends. We needed to stop The Coven, and fast...