Chapter 1

Mia pov.

               I sat on my bed bored when I heard pounding foots steps coming towards my door, it was Tracy the meanest worker here. She walked into my room and she said "get dressed you little brat someone is coming to adopt a kid today" she walked away with saying " wont be you though" and let out a snort. Tears pricked my eyes because deep down I knew Tracy was right nobody wanted a fat, ugly girl like me. I went to my bathroom and looked in the cabinet for my blade feeling it, I looked at it and just started to sob and slash at my wrist until I felt dizzy i then got into the shower feeling the burning sensation from the water on my cuts.

     Demi pov.

             I sat at home bored after tiring myself out from training and playing with my brand new puppy that i thought would fill that little void but i am still so lonely. I get on the couch pulling my laptop out looking at orphanages near by, i find one that looks pretty decent and decide to call and tell them i want to come and observe and possibly adopt. I have been thinking about it for a while now but i decided on the puppy but no i know for sure that i want to adopt a kid, not sure about the age yet. After i get off the phone i hop into my car and take off down the road to the orphanage. I walk in and speak to a woman named Tracy she seems bitchy but i leave it and follow her to where all the kids are which i am assuming is like a visitng room hence all the tables. There is a huge age gap between all the kids ranging from 3-17, as i scan the room looking at all the kids my eyes land on a little girl maybe about 7 years old she is in the corner with her head in her lap. After talking to a few of the kids i decide to make my way over to the little girl in the corner and say hello. I say hello to the little girl and she looks up at me looking upset and tear tracks running down her face I ask her whats wrong.

     Mia pov.

           I walked straight into the visiting hall in the corner waiting for the guest to come and choose their new child.As i sat in the corner Lexi, Elena, and Jenna the mean girls that were a few years older than me walked up to me beginning to say that i am fat and ugly no one would ever want me as  their child; I tried my hardest to ignore them but the insults were like blows to the face resulting in tears to start rolling down my face. I HATE when I cry because it makes me feel so weak and vulnerable so its very rare, its just something i learned not to do. As I began to cry I just put my head in my lap so no one could see my tears. As I have my head in my lap a lady walks over to me i guess she just wants to say hello because thats whats she starts by saying until I lift my head and she see's that i'm clearly upset. I stutter a bit before completly lying to this woman's face saying I fell down the stairs; she didn't really seem to believe it but she let it go.

     Demi pov.

                       The little girls excuse for sitting alone in the corner crying was she fell down the stairs which i did not believe because of the amount of stuttering coming out but i left it as she fell down the stairs. I instantly became attached to her now finding out her name is Mia and she is nine years old. I sit with Mia for another five minutes until i see Tracy the worker come back into the visiting hall and call for me to follow her into her office; I have a seat in one of her chairs and she sits across from me and she starts the interview process.

     State your full name.

      Demetria Devonne Lovato

   State your age.

      I am 26 years old

 Who else resides in your home?

      It is just me and my two dogs.

 Why are you looking to adopt?

   Well there are many reasons as to why but my main is I believe that i am ready to be a parent.

Tracy then ask me did I meet anyone interesting in the hall and i shook my head yes and couldn't help but smile when i said i really think Mia is a good match for me. Tracy's eyes nearly popped out of her head by the name and she responded with " i think you should spend a few more minutes in the visiting hall and meet another child you like because Mia is  handful she is the worst child here!? I then responded with a bitchy tone because of how bad she talked about Mia " I am sure of my descision now when do i get to take her home". Tracy then mumbled " good luck with the little brat" but looked back up at me with a smile on her face and said as soon as i sign the stacks of paper work and the we are both free to go. I sign every single paper which took thirty minutes but it was all so worth it if it meant me being able to take Mia home. I walk back to the visiting hall to find Mia but she isn't there anymore which means she went back up to her room. I turned to ask Tracy to take me to Mia's room and she nodded.

      Mia pov.

            After about twenty minutes I know that i haven't been chosen to get adopted once again so I head back upstairs to my room to lay down which eventually leads to me crying ( i know i said its rare for me to cry but exceptions for when im by myself.) About ten minutes later there is a knock on my door and its Demi I finally learned her name before Tracy took her into her office. She sympathetically smiles at me when she see's the tears in my eyes but comes to sit on my bed and straight out said to me " how would you like to come home with me? My eyes practically buldge out of my head and i can't speak so i just keep nodding my head yes and Demi smiles so big. I pack my small bag there isn't much and Demi waits for me finally im packed and we head out to her car and to her house.

     Demi pov.

               I walk up the stairs to Mia's room and knock lightly telling her it's me and she lets me in I see her teary eyes and give her a sympathetic smile and walk over to sit on her bed i ended up being way more blunt than i actually meant to be and said do you want to come home with me? Mia's eyes nearly popped out of her head she was so excited she could barely speak so she just nodded her head yes and i showed a big smile to let her know i understood she was trying to say yes. I gave her a huge hug and told her to start packing she grabbed a tiny backpack and shoved so little in it making a mental note to get her new things later. Mia was done packing five minutes later and we headed out of the orphanage and to my car on our journey home i can't wait to show her the house and her room I hope she loves it as much as I do.

-----------At the moment this book is unedited so there are spelling errors and mistakes sorry about that. I hope you guys like the first chapter more to come soon. feel free to leave suggestions down below and dont forget to comment and VOTE!!!