Accidental Reactivation

Chlara's POV

  "OK Horace, we're here!" I told the rather small, black VW Käfer (German for bug/beetle) and got out. It was a sunny day in California, and I wanted to find another car to take care of. Why, do you ask?
  Horace went on to say (well, he roared with his engine, since he doesn't really have a voice) that he really didn't want to leave me. Horace himself was the black Käfer I came with. He was built to best Herbie, a white VW Käfer, who lived, just like Horace. Horace himself was destroyed, more specifically, he accidentally destroyed himself when he tried to destroy Herbie. His previous owner, Simon Moore got in jail because of that. I then found Horace and helped him being a nicer car, which resulted in us being best friends. Both Horace and Herbie communicate with their engines. Their World are the 'Herbie' movies. I interrupted him by saying:
  "Horace, I know. I am glad you decided to help Simon to better himself. And I'm proud of you for this decision. As long as you promise to call me every once in a while, it's OK. I can take care of myself "
  He replied that he believed that he believes me, and that he knew I could get someone who would protect me as much as he did when we helped the police. Even a car like him. 'ESPECIALLY a car like me' he added. I don't know why I could understand Horace and Herbie this good. I suppose it just comes when you love cars that much. I chuckled.
  "I will."And with that, I gave him a hug by laying my upper body on his roof, and he drove off, extra slow so he could see, if I managed to get into trouble yet.

  After he had vanished in the distance, I began to walk. As I walked on, I nearly tripped, since I was lost in my thoughts. As I looked down, I saw a piece of what seemed to be a part of a dashboard. I picked it up to examine it, hoping that I could figure out to what car it belonged to. Then, I looked up from the dash and in front of me, and was shocked. In front of me a completely dismantled car layed in the dust. My heart hurt like someone had shot right through it. It always hurt when I saw a destroyed car. I immediately recognized the model. It was a 3rd generation Pontiac Firebird Trans Am from 1982. My first thought was that I had to repair it this instant. So I did. I concentrated really hard, and imagined the car right in front of me. Then I closed my eyes and clenched my fist. What now happened was, that when I'm imagining anything I want to repair, the parts repair themselves and fly to where they belong to and put themselves together, until everything is in working condition again. So when I opened my eyes again, a familiar car stood in front of me, as I was completely shocked. I didn't know what to do. My only thought was 'Oh oh.'

A/N: First off, thank you so much for the reads (324!). And votes. You don't know how happy I am when someone votes. Again, I'm open for requests and such. If you liked it, then please click on the vote button below, the little star. And don't forget to vote on every chapter you liked, not only in my book, but also in others. We authors are always happy to see that little star getting attention. And some critique would be really appreciated, like what you liked, what you didn't like, and what I could do better. Stay happy and tuned, have a nice day/night, and, hopefully, see you in the next chapter!