Screwed

Katherine wandered aimlessly down the dark streets, pondering what her next move would be. She had finally opened up and told her mother what Victor had done to her all those years ago, and the response she got sent her running out of the front door.

Her mother didn't want to believe what she said was true, and Katherine knew why. She still had feelings for Victor and the accusations against him were too much for her to handle. She had been lonely ever since her husband passed away from brain cancer, and when Victor came into her life something about her changed. He made her feel beautiful again.

That was part of the reason she decided to move back to Rhode Island. She was scared of growing too attached to another man so soon after her husband's passing. She didn't want to betray her first love.

Katherine stopped in her tracks and heaved a long sigh. Could she really blame her mother for having a moment of doubt when she told her the truth? In any case, she didn't want to let this ruin the great relationship they have had for so long.

She turned around and started heading back to her house.  When she got back, they could sit down and discuss it over a glass of sweet tea.  She would calmly give her the full details of the incident, then they could decide whether or not to move away again.

She walked down a cracked sidewalk for a couple more blocks, then stopped when she noticed all of the lights in her house were off.  She wondered if her mother had left, but their car was still there.

Maybe the news hit her so hard that she decided to go to bed. Why else would it be so dark?

She shook her head and stepped up to the porch, so caught up in her confusion that she didn't notice the black car that was parked across the street.

She pushed open the front door and tossed her keys down to the floor. "Mom, I'm back. Can we please talk about this?"

There was no answer.

"Mom?" She froze in place as an uneasy feeling swept through her. Something wasn't right.

"Mom, are you okay? Where are you?"

She flipped on the light switch and screamed when she saw the figure sitting before her.  It was Victor!

There was a smile on his face as he displayed the large pistol in his hand. "I didn't think you were ever coming back, Kathy. Come here and have a seat."

Katherine didn't move. "Where's my mom?"

"She's a little tied up right now, but that's nothing for you to be concerned about." He stood up and raised the pistol in the air. "Sit down like I said."

"No!" She turned on her heel and started to make a run towards the front door, but Victor grabbed her ponytail and pulled her against his body, shoving the cold gun against her head.

"You make another move like that and I'll blow your mother's head off." His threatening whisper sent a chill down her spine. "Do I make myself clear?"

Katherine nodded frantically. "Yes."

"Good." He pulled her back to the living room and shoved her on to the couch, his smile widening as he sat next to her and snaked his hand across her thigh.  "Do you remember that night in the car, Kathy?  The night I touched you just like this." 

He brushed the pistol across her lips and laughed softly when she flinched away from him.  "You were so cute and innocent, and I was so turned on."

Katherine looked away from him.  "I was eight years old, you sick prick.  What is wrong with you?"

Victor's smile crumbled and he mashed the cold pistol against her lips again.  "You need to watch how you're talking to me, Kathy.  You don't want to get your mother killed, do you?"

She shook her head, tears swelling in her eyes.

"There's my good girl." He used the back of his hand to caress her cheek. "As long as you do everything I say, you and your mother will be just fine."

"Where is she? Please, tell me."

"She's in my car. She said that you told her what happened between us."

Katherine scoot herself away from him.  "Yes, I did.  I wanted her to know what kind of monster you are before she got mixed up with you again."

"How admirable." He stuck the pistol into his pocket and stroked her hair. "But you can't come between a man and his fate. Your mother and I were destined to be together."

"Don't act like you care about her. You only care about yourself!"

"That's not true. I care about you, Kathy." His lips brushed against her ear. "You're a special girl."

Katherine shuddered. "What about Vincent? Does he know that you're here?"

"No, but he'll find out soon enough. And won't he be pleasantly surprised when I bring you to him." He stood up and took her by the arm, hoisting her from the couch so fast that her shoulder crackled in pain.

"Let me go!" She screamed as loud as she could as she tried to pull away from him. "Please!"

Victor wrapped his arm around her neck and began to squeeze so hard that she couldn't breathe. "I really didn't want to do this." He sighed as her face began turning purple. "I was hoping to continue our conversation on the way home, but I can't have you alerting any of your neighbors."

Katherine squirmed and clawed at his arms as hard as she could, but within seconds her body became limp and she passed out cold on the floor.  Victor admired his handiwork for a moment, then searched the house until he found a large suitcase. 

He stuffed her unconscious body inside and pulled the case out to his car, looking around the quiet neighborhood before flinging her into the trunk. 

The only person in sight was an elderly woman who was staring off into the night sky, oblivious to what was happening a few feet away. 

Victor closed the trunk and climbed into his car, his heart racing with pure excitement. 

Tonight was going to be fun.

****

AN: Woohoo, I actually updated quickly! I just want to say thank you again to everyone who has stuck with me through this insane story! I know some of my updates came slower than others, but I'm truly glad and honored that you have continued to read it.

Your comments make my whole day! Even though I don't respond to all of them, I read every single one with a big smile! 😃