Chapter Forty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. I was just testing the waters." Louis let out an embarrassed chuckle, thankful there was a wall between him and the other two boys.

"I kind of like it," Isaac stated after a moment. "But put a 'Y' at the end and add two A's."

"Of course." Louis let out a laugh, and he could hear Shawn laughing, too. "How are you, Zaacy?" Louis asked, not being able to contain the smile that had become prominent on his face.

"I'm fantastic, Lou-Lou," Isaac responded before adding, "though I'd rather not have to hang out with this idiot."

"Whoa, harsh," Shawn said with a fake offended tone.

"Well, you're the dumbass who didn't turn in the damn English project."

"To be fair, I lost the USB stick."

"You both sound hopeless," Louis chimed in.

"We can't all be nerds, Louis." Isaac laughed, and Louis heard Shawn gasp.

"You can't speak to your future husband like that, Isaac!"

"Oh, my God. Shut up!" Isaac almost yelled, and Louis heard a bit of commotion behind the wall.

"Do you want me to come back later, or...?" Louis interrupted the two boys through the wall and Shawn let out a laugh.

"You have no idea what I have had to put up with from this... thing." Isaac sighed as he spoke, and Louis could still hear Shawn laughing.

"Shawn, what did you do?"

"I did nothing!" Shawn defended himself through the laughter, which came to an abrupt halt when he grunted in pain again.

"Ever since I told him that you and I were dating, he has been non-stop with this teasing!" Isaac explained, and Louis began laughing at the two boys again.

"I'm just excited for you!"

"God, you sound like Sam," Louis stated, grinning to himself.

"Who's Sam?" Shawn asked.

"One of my best friends," Louis responded.

"Don't get any ideas, Shawn," Isaac teased.

"Oh, shut up!" Shawn said, and Louis was almost positive he had started blushing at Isaac's words.

"He's straight anyway, Shawnie," Louis interjected, clarifying what Isaac had meant. "I also think he has a thing with my other best friend..." Louis pondered before adding, "Kara, not Sarah!"

"Oh, good." Isaac sighed, though he followed up with a small chuckle. "I'd have to kick Number Two's ass."

"Yeah." Louis laughed. "I'm pretty sure Sarah still wants to kick my ass."

"Damn right I do." Sarah's voice suddenly came through the wall, and Louis jumped slightly at the same time he heard Isaac and Shawn let out a scream.

"How manly." Louis snorted.

"Shut up, Louis." Shawn snarled through the wall before he grunted in pain. Yet again.

"Don't speak to my boyfriend like that."

"Oh, shut up," Shawn and Sarah said in unison, and Louis laughed again.

"Anyway, Isaac... it's time to go." Sarah's voice was quiet, barely audible, but Louis gathered that Isaac gave a silent response.

"Alright, Lou. I'll see you later!" Isaac called through the wall, much less energetic than he had been.

It sounded as if he had suddenly become sad, and he wished he could take that sadness away from Isaac.

"Oh, okay," was all Louis replied with.

"Come on, Shawn. We'll take you home first," Isaac's voice drifted through the wall.

"Bye, guys!" Louis called, disheartened he was going to be left alone.

"Bye!" He heard all three of them call back, noticing that it wasn't just Isaac's voice that changed in tone.

Trying his best to move his mind away from what could have caused that drastic change, Louis decided to use his spare time to perfect his monologue. It was almost ready, and though he didn't feel prepared to perform it for Mrs Carter, he thought he was as ready as he'll ever be.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm kind of like, "aw, this is ending soon," but at the same time, I'm excited for it to end?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider leaving a vote and comment. It helps a lot!

Or you can PM me and we can have a chat!

Question Time:

I don't have one, whoops.