The Best Part

"C'mon in," Sky said with smile and sigh. Johnny giggled and followed her to the kitchen. "Want to have a beer while we wait for an Uber?" She pulled out her phone, but Johnny beat her to his own.

    "I got this, and yeah, that'd be great!"

    Sky got a beer out of the fridge, opened it with the wall mounted bottle opener and then slid the beer across the island to the amazingly handsome man across from her.

    "Thanks, sugar," he drawled as he caught the beer. Looking up from his phone for a minute with a smirk. "Looks like I get to bother you for another 40 minutes."

    Sky laughed, "That's what I get for moving so far into the canyons."

    He took a big sip of beer and then said, "So."

    She stifled a smile, "So."

    "It's weird isn't it?"

    "What is?"

    "This industry, becoming famous after you've been just you for so long."

    She widened her eyes, "Oh my god, it's so weird. What was it like with you?"

    He ran a hand through his hair. Sky melted. "I was just some normal guy. I was married young and just trying to make it in LA and then over night I became some weird sex symbol and everyone wants to impress me with their stunts and be my best friend."

    "Yeahhhhhh, it's so bizarre."

    "It's surreal, sometimes it still doesn't feel like my life. Like, If I wasn't who I am now, would you even be hanging out with me..." His head rested on his fist, an uncharacteristic insecurity colored his face.

    His question echoed her own.

    "That's exactly how I feel," she said after a beat, looking into his beautiful eyes. "If I wasn't SKY THOMAS, would you have even kissed me?"

    "Absolutely," he said without hesitation.

    Shivers went down her whole body. And her breath caught in her throat. Then his phone alerted him.

    "Oh, uh, I guess the Uber's here?"

    "That was NOT 40 minutes. That was like 40 seconds."

    "Someone must have seen it was me..."

    "The price of being famous," she said ironically.

    As she walked him to the door, he took her hand and when they got to the door, he brought it to his adorable pouty lips.

    "Text me when you get home, so I know the Uber driver didn't rape you."

    He let out a cackle. "Will do. Goodnight Sky."

    "Goodnight P.J."

PJ – The Uber driver only half raped me.

PJ – Once.

ST – sigh. At least only half.

PJ – I saved the best half for you :-P

ST – Oh, and what part is that?

PJ – I'll show you in a month! HAHA

Sky could. Hear his laugh in her head and fell asleep thinking of what part that might be.

————just wanted to get this out there, i know it's short.—————————————