Together

"Maru, hang on, I'll heal you." Kirai shocked out of watching Ken'o die only to turn to her man. His chest was sliced and bleeding badly. It was a deep wound. Kirai honestly wasn't sure if she could heal it or not, but she would definitely give it her best.

"I'm fine." Came Sesshomaru's simple response. He almost seemed annoyed that Kirai was worried for his sake.

"Oh, shut up and sit down!" Kirai's strong voice caused her lover to actually and surprisingly go silent and sit down. He wasn't happy about it, but he allowed the witch to heal him.

Meanwhile, Safaia was already doing the same with Eodum. She was better at healing, so Eodum was already healed up like nothing had happened to him. Kirai's healing of Sesshomaru took a little longer, but eventually, he too was out of danger and healed as if he'd never even been hurt in the first place.

"I was so scared Lord Sesshomaru, I thought we were going to lose you!" Rin cried out as she held back against throwing herself on the demon. She clearly wanted to hug him, but she knew better than to act on such a thought.

"Milord, I'm so glad you're okay!" Jaken also cried out as he approached the still seated demon.

"I'm fine, it would take much more to take me down than a simple half-demon." Sesshomaru finally spoke up as he stood up. He brushed the dirt off of him and glared at his destroyed clothing. He wasn't happy that some more of his clothes were bloody and ruined. However, he was glad that he had no major injuries. He'd been worried for a second there.

"Is everyone else alright?" Safaia questioned as she helped Eodum get to his feet, even though she didn't really need to help.

"I'm fine." Rin cheerfully spoke as she looked over to the older woman.

"I, too, am fine," Jaken spoke next, not that any of them really were listening to the little demon. He'd been loud enough earlier for them to know he was alright. After Jaken spoke, Ah-Un made a noise that they took as he was alright as well.

"So guys... what now? We faced yet another evil person, so now what do we do?" Safaia questioned as she looked around the group. They all thought for a moment before Rin stepped up and began to speak.

"Um, if it's not too much trouble, there's something I want to look for..."

"What is it Rin?" Kirai asked as she looked over at the young girl. Rin's face was flushed red and she was staring at the ground.

"Well, it's just, I was thinking, almost everyone else in our group has someone... and I was thinking that maybe I want to have someone too."

"Oh?" Kirai was surprised now. She stared at the girl in amazement. She never thought that Rin would be the type to want to have someone, or at least not so soon in life. Then again though, Rin was at a good age to find a man and start to plan her life.

"Do you have someone in mind?" Safaia finally questioned after the initial shock wore off.

"Actually yes." Rin didn't elaborate on who it was, causing an awkward silence to fall upon the group.

"Well, spit it out, child, who is it?!" Jaken demanded, suddenly involved in the conversation.

"Kohaku." That one name caused Jaken to begin sputtering nonsense and also caused Sesshomaru's head to snap over to glare at the young girl.

"Kohaku? You mean Sango's younger brother?" Kirai recalled as she had to think back to a conversation she'd had with Sango about her life. Rin just nodded her head to the question.

"He tried to kill you once!" Jaken cried out, horrified at the young girl. "Are you crazy or just stupid?"

"Jaken, be nice. A girl can't help who she loves. Besides, in the beginning, Sesshomaru tried to kill me a few times too."