XXII

Touching back down in their hometown, gave Hennessy an eerie premonition, that almost made her regret ever leaving their paradise getaway

The second their jet touched New York's ground floor, an unsettling feeling washed over the girl.

"You good ma?" Terror placed a comforting hand on his woman's back as they continued the route to the car awaiting them.

Even through all the shit he was going through, he still managed to concern himself with the well being of his future wife.

"Yep."

The air around them whistled as the trees danced in the wind. In the sky was dark and gloom took over the entire day.

The two hopped into Terror's Audi and began their drive. The road beneath them was smooth, scarce of any bumps or curves.

An alarming amount of placidity lingered in the air, and sent chills down Hennessy's spine.

Placed in the car's cup holder, Tremaine's phone lit up continuously.It had been disturbing the serenity consecutively for 5 minutes before Hennessy opted on speaking.

"You gonna answer that?" Hennessy eyed his phone through the corner of her eye before frowning. The same name flickered across his screen and each time it appeared, Terror grew more and more frustrated.

"Answer it." She glanced at him with a small mug on her face as his phone continued to vibrate.
"Don't start Hennessy." He turned his lip up at her, gripping the steering wheel tighter in his calloused hands.

"Don't tell me what to do." Her tone was almost a mocking one, as she grew angrier by the second.
Her heart raced with adrenaline, and the more she spoke; the harder Tremaine pressed down on the vehicle's gas pedal.

"What you can't speak now?"

A gradual wave of fear washed over Hennessy as he accelerated the car's mileage.

"Slow down Terror." She breathed out.

Hennessy was speaking, but the last thing Terror was doing; was listening. Her eyes shifted to the speed meter seeing the red needle placed on 120.