twenty one

a/n: I KNOW IM SORRY IM TERRIBLE I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY THAT I FORGOT ABOUT WATTPAD'S EXISTENCE AND I FEEL AWFUL I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN <3 also thank u for all the reads, i love u all!!!!

That was it. It was done.

Freddie was curled up on the sofa with a Disney blanket, binging on a pint of chocolate ice cream watching whatever came up on the telly. His face expression was unreadable, but you could see the sadness through the tear streaks on his cheeks. Even John was too timid to approach the upset man; he was perched up on a stool against the windowsill in the kitchen, staring out at the sky with a nostalgic glint in his soft eyes.

All three of us had been commanded to stay upstairs until Jim had left, most likely so we wouldn't hear their conversation. Yet still, we could hear every word that was laced with extreme emotion. You could tell through the men's heavy and hoarse voice that they were both distraught and in tears.

"I love you Jim," Freddie kept telling him. The younger man refused to believe that and kept talking over him as if he couldn't hear Freddie's confessions of love.

"We can't be together anymore, Freddie," Jim sternly told his partner, now ex-partner, in tears. Freddie well understood that, yet failed to believe it though he knew it in his heart that the relationship had no chances of survival.

With that, Jim left. I leaned closer into my boyfriend's body, savouring every little bit of contact our bodies made. He kissed me right on my jaw before his head snapped up to the sound of Freddie throwing a tantrum; we could hear things being tossed around downstairs joined by the screaming and crying. Brian shut his eyes and plugged his ears with his index fingers; he was a softie. He didn't want to hear his best friend in that state.

We ventured downstairs half an hour after Jim left. Both of us had assumed that the battleground was now safe since it had quietened down after the throwing of household items had ceased. It was then when we witnessed Freddie crying on the sofa with his precious ice cream, and John gazing out of the window. My eyes averted to Brian, who did the same to me. He motioned to the door and I nodded.

"We're heading out, um, do either of you want anything?"

My voice had probably fallen on deaf ears; neither of the men even moved the slightest millimeter at my voice, let alone reply. I shrugged to myself before joining Brian who was already seated shotgun in my Alfa Romeo.

Somehow we wounded up at McDonald's again. A soft serve was grasped in my right hand while Brian's hand was in the hold of my left as we sat in the booth side by side. My shoulder length blonde hair was freshly damp; it was raining and gloomy outside. Typical London.

"What are we going to do about our situation at home?" Brian sighed, his speaking unclear due to the apple pie in his mouth.

"What can we do?" I replied, shaking my head with disbelief. How did things get so bad so quickly?

"In a weird way, I feel like I'm at fault. If we never caught them, Freddie probably wouldn't have told Jim. It may sound cruel, but it's true," He confessed, his fingers tightening further around my hand.

"If you're at fault, I am too," I told him. He nodded and kissed me softly. The sparks never failed to make me feel like a flustered teenager. I felt my cheeks redden as our lips moved against one another, his sweet nutty taste of cinnamon and apple dancing on my tongue. I loved him, I really did.

"I love you," He whispered, his forehead and nose brushing mine with our faces only mere centimetres apart.

"And I love you. Much more," I told him truthfully. He beamed at me before bringing our lips together once more.