Part 4

Wednesday.
You walked up early for a change. 6:00am. You roll out of bed and start getting ready for day 3 of proving why you deserve this job. You were excited today right which is probably why you woke up so early. You get changed and wear a dress today, a formal dress without tights because it was supposed to be a nice day. You put on a small jacket with it, and then head down to eat. You eat breakfast with a glass or orange juice and then head out the door. You get into the car Mr Holland bought you and drive off, still in awe of what he's done for you and it makes you smile.

Driving to work you have the radio on on low with the windows down as you drive. Time flies and you arrive at Mr Holland's building, for the first time you park in the car park. You get out and walk into the building to room 206 to see what today's jobs are. You knock on the door, he's on the phone and glances towards you, he gestures for you to come in, so you do. You stand for a moment whilst Mr Holland finishes up his phone call.
"Y/n," He says ready to tell you what to do whilst looking down at his desk for something then he looks up at you and freezes, "You look pretty." He says and then snaps out of it and goes back to looking for something. You smile with your head down and he pulls up a USB stick out of a drawer, "On this is a list of emails and times, email each person with their designated times for an audition at the building. Then you can leave." You take the stick out of his hand as you look him in the eye.
"Okay Mr Holland." You say whilst your hand is on his taking the stick. He licks his lips, "Room 201 again?" You ask as you head towards the door.
"Yes, y/n." You put your hand on the door handle, "And y/n," you turn back around. "There's a gathering tonight, a sort of party, it's for the employees to meet the people we're considering for a job, I hope to see you there. I've emailed you the address and time. Wear something nice." You smile and immediately leave the room to get on with your work.

After an hour or two a woman comes into your room. You've never seen her before so you smile at her. She walks in and comes to your desk.
"Miss y/l/n, I'm Mrs Adley, you were supposed to have your interview with me 3 days ago but I apologise, I was sick I thought I'd come introduce myself." She says with a friendly smile.
"It's okay, I'm glad you introduced yourself, at least I'll know someone other than Mr Holland around here." You say with a slight laugh at the end.
"Well I should hope to see you tonight at the welcome party, yes?" She asks.
"Yes, I'll be there. Probably underdressed." You say laughing about yourself.
"You haven't got anything to wear?" She asks with confusion.
"No." You say, embarrassed, "I can't afford a nice enough dress to fit in around here." You mumble.
"Well, well have to sort that out, meet me outside after you've finished and I'll buy you something nice." She insists.
"I couldn't possibly ask you to do that for me, I-"
"Ah, ah- no excuses!" And with that she walks off. You sigh to yourself knowing you can't turn her down.

You soon finish up and give the stick back to Mr Holland.
"Everything's sent, Mr Holland." You say, handing him back the USB stick.
"Thank you. I'll see you tonight." You smile and nod at his response and then head out of the building to find Mrs Adley outside waiting for you.
"Hello Mrs Adley." You say with a perky smile.
"Oh please! Call me Sandra. We're not at work now." You two head over to your car and you drive whilst Sandra gives you directions to the nearest shopping mall.

You two arrive and it's absolutely huge! So many shops and so many dresses. How could you possibly choose just one. You try on so many dresses but you love them all!!
You walk out of the dressing room and look at yourself in the mirror. A huge smile grows across your face as you see yourself in this dress.
"That's the one, isn't it? Sandra asks with her hands to her mouth, almost like a mother does when their child finds the right wedding dress. You smile even bigger and stroke the hands down the sides,
"This is the one."