Texting 3 (Kaishin)

It was a relaxed dinner they had. Shinichi and Kaitou KID chatted about mindless things and the most meaningful questions mankind could ask. Shinichi found it pleasant to talk to a person with a similar set of mind as his own, he only knew Heiji to share his trail of thoughts and he wasn't always aviable.
But as their dinner finally was about to end, Shinichi breathed out a sigh and fixed the magician's eyes.
"Now back to my question, KID. Why did you want to meet me so bad?"

The thief took a small sip of the hot chocolate he had ordered and leaned forwards as well, almost challenging the detective into reading his mind.
"You see, Meitantei... I wanted to tell you something. I attained my target last heist... and I will still continue being KID for a while as I am not ready to let go of this secret persona yet. For the kicks... to see my favorite critics... and for a personal reason I won't share with you."
Shinichi kept observing his counterpart with all his power, trying to make out any sign he was lying; yet he wasn't. Kaitou KID's eyes sparkled with honesty. Was this about to become a farewell forever? Shinichi didn't make a sound, encouraging the magician to continue with a motivating and warm smile.
"If someday... I'm ready to let go of KID... if I ever stop being KID... I will continue to cling onto my first real love. Meitantei, I want to have you at my side."

Shinichi couldn't do anything but stare at the thief. He didn't believe it. He couldn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it. A farewell of KID? The last time they could properly speak with each other? Trying to tame his upcoming blush Shinichi leaned backwards again, his heart hammering inside his chest and one of his famous detective smirks on his lips.
"I'm flattered. You have nerves to confess to a detective, KID. To that a detective who hunts you since two years. This could be your last day in freedom, KID."
KID's pupils slightly dilated at the harsh words of his favorite critic, yet as he gazed into his piercing eyes he caught up onto the dropped hint. Smiling just as smug, he eyed the male up.
"But your blush tells me otherwise, Meitantei. You aren't displeased by my confession, in fact you even like it~ Which tells me I do have a good chance. And despite that..."
He gestured towards the black suit, a challenging expression occupying his face.
"...why else would you dress up so well just to meet a thief~?"

Embarassment forced his cheeks to flame up even further, defensively scoffing Shinichi rolled his eyes.
"D-don't think too much of it, I just thought it would be good to match your pompous style. And I'm not blushing!"
Pure satisfy sprawled across KID's face as he heard these words and nodding to himself, he kept eying Shinichi for even more deductions. He knew what Shinichi wanted. He wanted to be convinced by him, of him.
"Sure. Your pupils are dilated and your heartbeat quite fast. Try me again, Shin-chan~"
"Don't call me Shin-chan!"

Shinichi felt horrible by now. Kaitou KID, master of all thieves and honorful magician to the boot, gave up his freedom just to meet him, a detective and his supposed to be enemy. To confess his love, announce his soon to be farewell and insist on his wish to spend his life with Shinichi himself. And he? He had lured him into trap and coldheartedly used his trust. But KID... was he really completely serious with his words? The magician knew he was known to deceive mankind, yet his promises were something he always kept. He needed a proof.
The detecive of the east flashed a glance around, immediately recognizing countless undercover cops, tarned as mere customers and waiters. What to do? Kaitou KID didn't seem to notice his emotional roller coaster since he had his attention directed towards his dessert.

"Tell me your real name." Shinichi mindlessly demanded, earning a baffled look of the magician. Finally a charming smile appeared on his lips and a chuckle escaped his mouth; KID produced a small red rose inside his gloved hands and gently placed it behind the blushing Shinichi's ear, bowing his head to introduce himself with a lowered voice.
"Kuroba Kaito, magician extraordinare. It is a pleasure to meet you without wearing a disguise, Kudo Shinichi."
Shinichi nearly spat out his coffee as he didn't only receive his full name but the information he wasn't even wearing a disguise. He had his proof. And he had a huge blush. But he didn't care about that.

Gently taking KID's gloved hand, he stared deep into his eyes and guiltily whispered at him to run away. KID, completely surprised by that, furrowed his eyebrows and merely stared back.
"Run KID. This was a trap, here are countless cops inside to jump at you. Run for your life."
Kaito blinked twice before he finally snorted, right afterwards emitting into a loud and warm laugh which lasted a few seconds, all eyes immediately turning towards him. Wiping a tear, he lowered his voice once again, his signature KID grin on his lips.
"Oh Shin-chan, you didn't seriously think I didn't notice? I knew from the beginning you would lure me into a trap. But no cop will ever catch me. The only one I shall allow to catch me..."
He lifted Shinichi's hand which he still held and brought it to his lips, kissing it.
"...is you."

Kudo Shinichi grew big eyes at that and by now his face had reached scarlet. The male facepalmed with a groan, trying to hide his embarassment.
"You're hopeless KID... Really hopeless..."
"Haha, perhaps I am. But you are just as hopeless to fall for my charme~"
"...and quite selfconfident, as usual. But... How will you get out of this?"
"Just let me do."
Suddenly Shinichi started to feel dizzy. His eyesight blurred, his body began to tremble. The last thing he saw was a satisfied and recognizing smile of Kaito's across of him and him whispering "Like this you won't be at fault, Shin-chan. Wait for me, my love..." at him.

Shinichi woke up inside his bed, late at night and dressed in nightwear. He still felt a little dizzy but immediately remembered what had happened; he shot up and grabbed his phone. A soft smile appeared on his lips and a blush spread across his face.

Please meet me tomorrow after school. I visit the Ekoda highschool. I'd like to introduce you to my best friend and another critic of mine. But of course he won't ever be able to reach your level, my love.

Shinichi truly was in love with a phantom thief.