Chapter 1- The Return

"Katniss!" Peeta called her name as he went and gave Katniss a huge hug. It's been about a month since he had seen her and their kids as he was in the Capitol doing business. "So how are you and the kids!" Katniss snuggled into his chest before replying "we're fine Peeta, we missed you so much! The children will be ecstatic to see you!" Peeta looked towards the house as he said "I hope they are!"  He leans in and gives Katniss a kiss and walks through the door. When he sees Rose (their daughter) standing there Peeta picks her up and give her a hug. "Hi sweetie I missed you sooo much!"

Rose snuggles into Peeta's chest before squealing "DADDY!! why have you been gone for so long?" Peeta looked at Rose and gave her a kiss before  telling her that Daddy had to go to the Capitol for work as he had to bake for a big celebration there. Peeta gives Rose a big hug and ask "Wheres your brother Landen?" Rose looks at her mummy before replying "he's in his room, he's been naughty! Why couldn't we go to the capitol with you?"

Peeta looks over at Katniss and back at Rose before replying "umm because they told me not to take you with me because I had to go for work". Peeta put Rose down and went to see Landen. Katniss calls to Peeta " don't be nice to him, say hello but Landen is still in trouble!" Peeta looks back to Katniss puzzled knowing Landen usually behaved himself, and asks "Why what did he do?" 

Katniss looked down at her daughter when she replied "well if you look at Rose's arm you will see bruises and bite marks! I was shocked when I saw them but i put it down to him missing his dad". Peeta was in shock. "But he was always such a good boy! Maybe if I talk to him I can get him to apologize?" Katniss looked up at Peeta. "You can try Peeta, i had a go but all i got was silence". Peeta walked into the room and Landen was sitting in the corner of the room crying. Peeta walked over and sat next to Landen. "Hey kid I'm home!

Landen looks up and wipes away his tears before he chokes out "ohh hello daddy, how was your trip?" Peeta looked down at his son worried "It was fine..... I heard you were being a bad boy. Why is that?" Tears start streaming down Landen's cheeks as he tells his daddy that he was just fed up of Rose begging to play with him and being irritating! "I guess i just didn't know how to tell her to stop and you wasn't here to tell her to either" Landen says as he starts to cry even harder.

Peeta starts to tear up. No parent wants to hear this coming from there 3 year old son. "Well Landen I'm sorry but now that I am here I want you to apologize to Rose and tell her you are sorry. Okay?" he says as he wipes away the tears from his and his son's eyes. Landen looks into his daddy's eyes and realises that he has upset him. "Okay i will, and I am sorry daddy, where is Rose?" Peeta wiped some tears from his eyes and looked at Landen. "She is downstairs I think". As he gets up he takes hold of his son's hand and they both walk downstairs to where Rose and Katniss are both sitting in the living room.

Life After The Rebellion (A Hunger Games Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें