Allison was at ease the entire time. "Diego," she practically purred, another grin threatening to split on her face. The man's eyes found Allison's. "It's been too long."

"Twelve years," the man said simply, bypassing his sister and moving further into the foyer. He turned and glanced at Knox and Pogo. "Who found him?"

Pogo cleared his throat. "I did. Early on Thursday morning."

The man - Diego Hargreeves - flicked his eyes over to Knox. "Who are you?"

"Knox Morris," she answered quickly.

"Your father's personal assistant," Pogo explained softly.

Diego sighed and turned back to the staircase, moving so quickly that no one could stop him before he was gone. He took the steps two at a time, not slowing down until he got to the second floor. Then, he was gone.

Allison sighed and grabbed her suitcase. "I guess that's my cue. I assume he'll be questioning everyone later today."

As Allison stepped towards the stairs, Knox stopped her. "Questioning?" She pondered.

"My brother," Allison chuckled, "Lives a fantasy. Where he's the rugged commando and we're all the suspects of some wild murder."

Knox's eyes widened. "He thinks we killed your father?" She asked seriously. Sure, Sir Hargreeves hadn't been a warm man (he was actually kind of an asshole), but Knox knew that she could never have killed him. Pogo and Grace were the same - forever indebted to the man for creating them. The idea of any of them killing him was almost laughable.

Allison started her trek up the stairs, throwing a nonchalant smirk over her shoulder. "Don't worry, Knox Morris. He'll get over it."

Knox didn't know why her throat was so dry.

-

As the day went on, the house continued to fill. Luther Hargreeves, the massive behemoth of a man known around the Academy as Number One, was the next to show. He was cloaked in an oversized trench coat when he walked through the front door, but no amount of fabric could disguise the huge, solid muscles hiding underneath. Knox was sure to keep a safe distance away from him - not because he was mean, but because he was so large that wherever he went, he knocked something down or inadvertently caused damage to something in the house.

After Luther came Klaus - the weaselly drug addict that spent most of his days riding the high of whatever substance he could get his hands on. He had smudged eyeliner around his eyes, giving him the appearance of a raccoon. And he lived up to the resemblance, because every time Knox entered a room with him already inside, he was digging through drawers looking for money or items worth a pretty penny.

By midday, the house was full of adult siblings, all off doing their own things. While Allison wandered around the home, aimlessly staring at artwork hanging on the walls, Klaus spent his time finding eccentric new pieces of clothing to his collection. Luther and Diego were both in their father's room, searching for signs of foul play.

Knox wasn't needed for any of these activities. She found herself alone in the dining room once again, waiting patiently for the last Hargreeves heir to arrive. Still going over the will, she knew that at times like these, she would usually be in the home office, sitting across from Sir Hargreeves as he wrote in his journals. For a second, Knox paused her work and sighed, dotting the space underneath her eyes so she didn't cry.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves was a horrible man, who profited off of the continued exploitation of his seven adopted children. Two of those children were gone now - one dead and one missing for fifteen years. He was by no means a good person, and although he'd pretty much payed for Knox's nice upscale apartment and new car and expensive clothes, she knew no paycheck could give a person as horrible as Hargreeves some kind of moral thinking.

In short, the man had been a menace to those around him. Knox knew the world was a better place without him, but still. She dabbed her eyes again.

The front door opened again, and Knox quickly stood up to greet the final Hargreeves. A woman by the name of Vanya. Unlike her siblings, who were all blessed with abilities beyond those of normal children, Vanya Hargreeves lived the most regular life. She was small, barely reaching Knox's shoulder, but normal. Knox reveled in the calmness that came with knowing that the woman couldn't bring her any harm.

While she knew they wouldn't, Knox had been apprehensive when talking to the Hargreeves children because they were far more dangerous than they seemed. Luther harbored the power of extreme strength, Diego was able to curve the trajectory of almost anything he threw (usually those throwing knives strapped to his body), Klaus could speak to the dead, and Allison could manipulate anyone she wanted to, just by whispering "I heard a rumor...". Vanya was like a sweet release, because she was the only child of the Umbrella Academy with no ability or power. Harmless.

Knox greeted Vanya at the front door, smile on her face. She was at ease now that all of the guests had arrived, and she itched to have them all sit down, ready to review the will and testament with them.

The Hargreeves children had other ideas.