Prologue

Unknown P.O.V

Adrenaline coursed through my veins, my breathing rough and labored. Trees blurred before my eyes, as I swung my arms to gain more momentum.

The familiar feeling of this rush kept me alive. I knew I would grow tired eventually, but I also knew I was as alive as I'll ever be. A wisp of wind caught my hair, throwing it out of the ponytail I was used to having it in.

A smirk marked my face as my eye caught onto my prey. Or, should I say predator? The sound of her steps were light, and had I been someone else, I would've lost her by now.

Perfect timing, I thought bemusingly to myself.

With one final push, I launched forward, finally in the exact moment I needed. Soon, gravity took its effect as I came tumbling down, a hand wrapped around my victim's ankle. Our bodies crashed together, earning me a groan from the girl below me.

I quickly threw her on her back, making sure she wouldn't have the chance to move an inch. My face hovering over hers, I growled.

"Let me go," she whimpered, her brown eyes gazing into mine.

A moment of hesitation passed before I looked away. Guilt shuddered through me like an ice cold wind. Her innocent face gave me goosebumps all over, and I had to concentrate on the ground next to her while keeping a tight hold on her.

I knew what she was capable, and just like the others, this was a trick. It was always taunting games with them, especially of her kin.

"I know what you are," I whispered, finally looking back at her.

Instead of the golden brown eyes, and young face, her eyes were a menacing black and her smile a grimace. Had I been fooled, I would've been the meal of the day.

How appetizing.

I ran a tongue over my teeth as I shoved my arm against her throat. A low hiss came out. "We'll get you back," she whispered teasingly.

Rolling my eyes, I muttered, "You're bluffing."

A glint in her eyes told me she was, and that's when I brought my knife back and slashed it across her throat. I turned away as blood spurted out, and the light (or should I say darkness?) flooded her eyes.

God, I hated this part the most. 

I stood there, waiting for the rest of her body to slowly disintegrate into ashes. A cut to the throat insured no remains, but it was also the most cruel way to go about my job.

I guess that's what you have to do, especially since hunting the evil runs in the family.

And while this catch was only a minor, less important demon, our eyes were on the ultimate prize of a balanced world rid of all the unnatural beings. 

Including the Visor.

-------------

Ah, how I miss these author's notes~

You guys, this is the prologue to the sequel to The Vampire Slave! Wooo *people clapping* . I will update (with much effort) every saturday from now on! I believe this will be about 35-40 chapters, so longer than the first book!

I will be posting Chapter 1 today as well, so keep all your hands and feet inside at all times and happy reading!!

OKAY! So the FIRST place winner of the contest is...

worldgirlalwaysxx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I just want to say thank you so much for this beautiful cover! Its simple and mysterious, and I am so lucky to have it. Thank you!

You will receive a dedication, a follow and a character! Message me about the character, and we can get things started :)

Now, first runner-up is...

Shadows_In_Darkness !!! Thank you for entering, and it was an amazing cover as well, since I had to chose between yours and worldgirlalwaysxx !

Your cover will be posted in the next chapter on the right.

You will receive a dedication, and a follow!

And the second runner-up is...

VeraAslyum !!! I loved your design, and it was truly amazing. I will post your cover on the right of chapter 3! 

And you will recieve a follow! 

Thank you everyone who entered in a cover, and I appreciated them all! I hope you have a good Halloween, and enjoy the next chapter :)

Xxbrokenhearts67xX