The Stubborn Head of Aries

A/N: Hi! First of all, I want to say thanks for checking out my book, it means a lot too me. Secondly, I'm going to try to update once a week, probably on Wednesdays, and finally, I know there isn't a cover on my book. I'll try to get one up soon, I got to make one. Thanks.

Being creative was one thing for Adam. It came naturally for him. Being serious and ambitious enough to use that creativity? That was a completely different kind of story.

Today was just as normal as any other day for the teen: wait for school to end, go to work, find a good way to waste time, and sleep for about four hours before starting it all over again. Graduation will be paradise, Adam told himself, longing for the last week of his senior year to pass quickly. With summer close and no colleges interested in him -he didn't apply to any, yet-, Adam had no plans on going back to school anytime soon.

Will Adam Alkine report to the office? Adam Alkine to the office?

Everyone looked back at Adam, who was doodling in his notebook, unaware of their eyes. He stood up, tucked his notebook inside his jacket, and walked out of the room. He relaxed as he stepped into the hallway, thankful to be out of view from his peers.

Adam walked into the office and asked the secretary, "yeah?"

The old lady pointed pass Adam towards a set of glass doors leading out of the school. Without looking up from her papers, she muttered, "you have a visitor."  

Beyond the doors stood a tall man wearing glasses. He saw Adam and gave a friendly smile. Adam didn't recognize him at all. He glanced back at the secretary, but she had vanished.

Adam backed out of the office and started back towards the math room. Whoever that man was, Adam was not going outside with him. He approached the heavy, wooden door leading to his math class and pushed it open. Everyone in the room before was gone. The lights flickered off.

With a shake of his head, Adam turned around, closings his eyes tight as a bright light blinded him. He brought a hand to his face to shield his eyes. The light dimmed. A hand fell on Adam's shoulder, and he jumped back.

He blinked a few times, letting his eyes adjust to the sudden darkness. Standing in front of him was the man; his 'visitor'. Adam subconsciously backed up, pushing the door behind him open. He let it slam shut after slipping into the math room. He locked the door and threw the key in the garbage can. Then, he started searching frantically for something, anything, he could use to defend himself with.

"Will you just slow down for a minute?"

Adam spun around, a pair of scissors in hand. "I will use these..." The threat felt empty on his tongue.

The man looked at Adam strangely. Stubble lined his jaw. His hair was precisely combed. "Relax. I'm not gonna kill you."

"You- you're one of those guys aren't you?! A school shooter or something!"

"What? No!" The man took a few steps forward and extended his hand. "My name's Leonardo. Everyone calls me Leo."

Adam tightened his grip on the scissors and held them in front of his chest. Tremors ran down his spine, but he ignored them. His arms shook as he spoke. "I'm not falling for your tricks..."

Leo rolled his eyes. "I'm not playing any tricks," he said, putting his hand down. "Now will you please put those things down and listen?"

Adam forced himself to lower his arm, but only a little. His grip on the scissors didn't loosen. In a shaky but loud voice, he asked, "What do you want from me?"