Chapter 9

Tara:

I stared Jayson in his eyes as I caught my breath. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I told him I needed to go wash my hair, which was true but I also needed an excuse to escape cause I felt we were about to do something we weren't ready for. I hopped in the shower, washed my hair and then washed my body. After that I just stood there under the hot water, replaying everything that happened since me and Jayson met. Playing out how things could have been different. The only thing I couldn't get past is that we seriously just met. Love at first sight? I don't believe in that but I mean it's the only explanation I have. Ava would tell me to shut up and let stuff play out. I think that's what ima do because this whole thing is crazy to me.

I got out, and looked at the clock, I was in there for over 45 mins. I wrapped myself in a towel and sat at my vanity. I put conditioner in my hair and then blow dried it. I put on lotion and put on boy shorts and a tank top. I tied my hair up and then watched criminal minds on Netflix. About 30 minutes later it started storming.....I hate storms and storms hate me. If I was alone, I'd drive to Ava's house before it got bad to be with her because I'm honestly terrified of storms. I have a short list of things I'm afraid of and storms made it on that list. When I was little I almost died when the car swerved off the road and hit a tree. Then there's the time my dad died...I can handle a little thunder, but once it starts raining hard, and the thunder shakes the house and I see big flashes of lightning, I'm thru. The lights went out so I grabbed my phone to use it as light and walked to Jayson's room. I knocked on the door. He said come in and I opened the door. "Did I wake you?" I asked

"Naw, I actually just woke up like a min ago, wassup?"

"Can I lay with you?"

"ummm, uhh, yea, come on" he said. I climbed in his king sized bed and laid my head on his chest.

"you smell like a baby." He said

"I only use baby lotion"

"oh....so wassup?"

"whatchu mean?"

"you acted like you was scared to be around me earlier and now you all up on me, did you come to your senses?" he laughed

"nah, I don't like being alone while it's storming"

"understandable....so what about earlier?"

"what about it?"

"why'd you leave? Like you were scared and be honest, I don't want a bullshit answer" he sounded serious

I sighed "I mean, yea...I was kind of scared because if I didn't leave I feel like I was going to do something I wasn't ready to do emotionally. It's not you or anything about you in a bad way. It's just that I'm really hesitant right now. I don't want to be vulnerable and I don't want you to be the rebound even though I really want to be with you. I'm trying to take it slow for now because I'm at the point where I don't want to be hopping from nigga to nigga trying to find my Mr. Right. I want to be able to figure this out before I learn the hard way that this isn't the way to go. Like my last relationship, we were young and in love, then the real world hit him with opportunity after opportunity and I just became something stable he came back to. No matter how much I did for him. For four years I've been nothing but good to him. It's just scary." It was silent

"Tara, you're beautiful with a heart of gold. You present yourself with so much class yet you're so humble. You're not stuck up, you're presence graces my life. I've been hurt too, I've never been the player type. I just need you to trust me, we can take it as slow as you want but we can't go anywhere if you don't trust me, I promise I got you." He kissed my head and rubbed my back. It was silent again but not the awkward kind. "You got a nigga all open and shit, I'm pussy whipped and I ain't even have the pussy yet." He said in a low voice, before I could reply, his ass was sleep.

Jayson:

I woke up and Tara wasn't next to me but I smelled cooking.....yessir. I jumped up and did my hygiene thing then ran downstairs and saw her stirring grits and cooking some eggs. I snaked my arms around her waist. "Good morning aunt jemima" I said in her ear then kissed her cheek. "You can't ever just say good morning can you?" she retorted. "nope" I said as I took a piece of bacon and watched her cook. She had on slacks which her ass looked marvelous in, a blouse and a blazer, her hair was in loose curls and I noticed some heels by the door. "You going to work today?" I asked. "Yea, I have some things to check on and do at the office." I just nodded my head. I guess I won't feel bad about leaving her alone while I'm at the trap, I needed to check on things myself. I thanked her as she fixed our plates and ate. It was so good, we aint even talk about nothing. All you could hear was forks clinking on plates. I finished as she cleaned up and made her way out the door. "Bye baby." I said before she walked out the door, she blushed and said bye. I watched her pull out before I went upstairs to get dressed.

Not too long later I pulled up to the trap. I dapped the security guards and headed to my office. I walked past one of the rooms and saw too many niggas chilling. Chilling means no work and no work means no money and that's some shit that have you swimming with the fishes. "THE FUCK YALL NIGGAS DOING!? GET UP AND MAKE SOME MONEY BEFORE I BLOW YOUR SHIT OFF!" I watched these niggas scramble to get some product. I shook my head and headed to my office. I lit a blunt and counted my money. "the hell?" I said as I finished. This shit way off, I looked at the blunt and thought it had me trippin, I put it out and shook my head. Right when I was about to count again, Flash came in with some new nigga. "sup nigga" I nodded at Flash and looked at the new nigga. Flash shoved him and said "speak to the boss lil nigga."

"Hey boss" he said.

"Why you here?" I asked him

Flash spoke up and said "Lil nigga been pocketing more than his cut."

I raised my eyebrow and looked at the rookie. "Is this true young man?" all he did was drop his head to my questions.

"Well, that answers my question...how much was taken?"

"Probably about 125 total" Flash told me. I only started seeing this nigga around for 2 weeks.

"you know where to take him, I'll be down there in a minute." I told flash as I put some of the money in the safe and some in my pocket. I grabbed my gun and went down to the basement. I saw the lil nigga tied to the chair and Flash sitting across the room and smoking.

"so why'd you do it?" I asked the lil nigga

"my moms sick and I'm just tryna help with the bills and taking care of my little sisters. If we don't get money they gonna stop her treatment and I can't lose my moms." He said. I watched sadness take over his eyes, damnit.

"Flash, get his wallet." Flash got up and handed me the wallet. I took out his driver's license and looked at the address. I pulled out a piece of paper which turned out to be a picture of what seemed to be his mother and sisters. I sighed and ran my hand over my waves. "aight, here's what's gonna happen. You stop taking my money, I handle your mom's bills. Take care of your sisters. I wanna see the bills first and I wanna see past bills in my office ASAP. You're lucky this time. Don't try this shit again. Flash untie him." I got up and went back in my office. I caught an immediate headache.

"the fuck you doing here? What I tell you about coming in my office without permission?" I said. If she wasn't naked she would've gotten shot.

"I'm sorry, you just looked tense earlier and I thought you might need help relaxing." She said walking towards me.

"No I didn't because I had a very good morning, if you wanna be a hoe just say it, we all know you are."

"well, lemme make your day better" she said grabbing my pants. I started to let her but even though we weren't together, I just couldn't fuck around on Tara.

"nah, get up and get out. Go give Flash some head." I told her and went to go sit down at my desk. I watched her walk out. Her ass was saggy, ew. I lit my blunt and zoned out.

------------------------------------------------------

- vote

- comment

- share

& thanks for reading !! I really appreciate it !