Bennett's expression changed to one of pure hatred and disgust, but since he was looking at Mandy, his lips curled in disgust, I knew he wasn't mad at me. Rolling my eyes, I shoved Mandy's hand away from me and walked towards Bennett, who stiffened as I approached, keeping a close watch to me.

"I want to talk to you." I said, and Bennett arched an eyebrow. Clearly, he was not amused. He motioned to his house.

"We can talk inside." he suggested, but I shook my head. Crossing my arms over my chest, I was well aware that my next words might trigger him. I could leave here with a few bruises and scratches at worst; at best, a headache after being screamed and cussed at. But, this had to be done.

"It's personal. Not here." I suggested. The anger settled back into Bennett's blue gaze until he was glaring at me full throttle. But he didn't say anything to object. "Pretty please?" I added, hoping he would catch onto my desperation. I really needed to figure things out with him.

Bennett groaned suddenly, rubbing at his temples as though he were getting a headache. I thought he was going to scream at me to get away from him, but he shocked me by turning back the way he came and walked out of the yard. When he reached the fence, he stopped, realizing I wasn't following. Glancing to me over his shoulder, he arched a brow.

"Well?" he demanded, his voice agitated.

**

I had obliviously, and silently followed after Bennett all the way into town, then into the part of town that was considered the slums. The bad neighbourhood of Jasper Falls. I shouldn't have been so stupid. I should have taken the lead and taken us somewhere civilized, so it was no surprise that I was seated opposite Bennett, glaring holes into the bastard's head while he looked everywhere but directly at me.

"You just gonna fucking glare at me?" he said, rolling his eyes when I crossed my arms over my chest and intensified my glaring.

"The fuck were you thinking coming to a place like this? I should kick your ass, right now." I seethed lowly not wanting to cause a scene with the people in here. Taking a moment, I glanced around the smoky, dimly lit room that smelled of sex, booze, vomit, cologne, cheap perfume and alcohol. Rock music blared through the speakers, and burly men covered in tattoos, piercings and leather flirted with scantily cladded women. Some were making out heavily, practically fucking in the middle of the bar. Others were looking at us in interest, obviously because they were seeing new faces.

"I come here all the time. It's where I meet suppliers." Bennett replied, wiping at his nose and sniffling as he took a swig of his beer. That confession whacked me harder than anything. Harder than when Sky Daniels had bashed my head into the steel cage during our cage fight.

A feeling was welling up inside me, and it was exactly the reason I stayed away from Bennett all this time. But, I realized something. I'd been a horrible friend to him.

"Drugs!" I whispered in disbelief, my gaze dropping to the table as shame wracked me. Bennett laughed then, causing me to frown and look up at him.

"The fuck is wrong with you, West? You're acting like I told you I'm pregnant."

I'm acting this way because I failed you, you miserable jackass! It was all my fault. Too wrapped up in my own grief and anger at everyone else, I failed to see that there were people who were relying on me to be there for them. Bennett was one of those people.

He lost so much more on that day.

"When?" I asked, the question forcing itself out of my throat like a pathetic croak. Bennett arched a brow, first in confusion but he seemed to quickly understand what I was truly asking. Bennett glanced away, toward the deck where pool tables were laid out, and groups of men and women were huddled around each table.