{chapter 10}E.D.I.T.E.D

Whichever book you'd like me to update, I will try to do it. I'm kinda bored, and I've got time.
___________________

Why... Why is Adrien asking about Cat Noir? First time he did, I just shrugged it off and gave him a simple answer. But it seems like my answer wasn't enough. Now he wants to know more?

"Don't be weirded out, Marinette," Adrien laughed a bit. Suddenly, he felt so comfortable and safer around Marinette. How though? He was still mad at her.

"I mean, Cat Noir is nice and all," Marinette shrugged. Is he trying to get me to confess my love for Cat Noir?

"Alright, that's good enough. No need to answer it," Adrien told her, getting off her bed. "I was just curious."

Marinette nodded., still wondering why Adrien was asking.

"Adrien Agreste, I'd like to see you right now!" Gabriel's voice boomed, Marinette and Adrien being able to hear it.

Adrien sighed and walked to the door, then he turned back to Marinette. "I'll see you later, okay?"

Marinette nodded. "But seriously. Remember what I told you. Stand up for yourself."

Adrien nodded and walked out of the room. He walked downstairs, seeing that Gabriel and Lina were there as well.

"Finally!" Lina yelled, tempting Adrien to roll his eyes, but seeing as that would get him in trouble, he kept it in. "Gabriel, go ahead and tell him!"

"Adrien," Gabriel spoke so low, but loud and clear. There was something about his voice that made Adrien shiver. "I've seen you hanging around that girl, Marinette."

Adrien frowned. Why did his father want to bring Marinette up? "Yes?"

"You even broke one of my rules to you, which is never go out without my permission!" Gabriel hollered. "All fort that girl?!"

Adrien bit his lips. What could he say? He liked her.

"Adrien, never do such nonsense again!" Gabriel yelled at him. "Even for a girl! Marinette isn't worth it, and I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be interested in a guy like you!"

She may not like Adrien, Adrien retorted back in his mind, but at least she likes Cat Noir!

He nodded anyways. Besides, would Marinette even want to go out with him anymore? After what happened with Alya, he wasn't so sure.

------

"Ah, feels so good to see you again, Marinette," Alya smiled as she gave Marinette a hug. "For once I'm so happy for school."

Marinette giggled at this. "Yeah, yeah Alya." She rolled her eyes.

As she started walking to class with Alya, she noticed out of the corner of her eyes, Adrien getting his things out of his locker.

Weird. Why am I thinking about him now? Probably because we haven't seen each other for a while now.

"Marinette, what's on your mind?" Alya caught her staring. "Why him? You can't possibly like him, right?"

She was about to answer with a "right," to agree with Alya, but then she stopped herself.

She remembered how upset Adrien had been before. He was hurt... He was hurt, probably thinking that she had been lying to Alya because she didn't want to be with him.

Marinette gulped. "Actually, I am thinking about him. I was wondering if I could ask him out for a hangout."

"Are you serious?" Alya gasped. "You like him..."

"Let's get to class!" Marinette hurried towards her next class, Alya following along.

I'm not sure if I like Adrien. But I can't just stop liking Cat Noir like that because of Adrien...

Besides... I am pretty sure Adrien doesn't like me back. He's so secretive. And when he felt upset that I lied to Alya, he must have only been upset because he wanted to be my friend.

Yeah, that's right. There's no way he felt upset because he wanted me to say we were out on a date.

At least... I think so...