Crying Blood [ Kangin x Yesung]

It happened for the first time when Yesung was 5 years old and his mother was scolding him. He cried so much that his tears later on became blood. His mother and Yesung himself freaked out. They immediately went to the hospital to see what was wrong with Yesung but the results turned out that there was nothing wrong.

The doctors didn’t have any explanation for Yesung’s bloody tears because Yesung has no blood disorder or any other physical impairment. It was a rare case. The doctor could only suggest blood transfusion and some iron supplements to prevent hypovolemic shock and anemia.

It happened again at school when he was being bullied. Yesung started crying with blood rolling down on his cheeks. Everybody was shock at the sight. After that, nobody dared to bully Yesung and nobody wanted to be friends with him. The teachers are even scared to scold Yesung. They thought that Yesung’s bloody tears could be infectious or it might be some rare disease or that Yesung might have some weird powers that could do something to them.

Yesung tried to explain to them but nobody would listen to him. That’s how he became a loner and vowed to himself that he would never cry again. But he was just a kid who easily got hurt and ended up crying a lot.

On 4th grade, Yesung learned to control his tears no matter how painful or sad it was.  It wasn’t just tears but he also learned how to close his heart and never let out his emotions.

It was in 1st yr high school when they had a new student named Kangin. It was rumored that he transferred because he almost killed a student at his old school and the reason why their school accepted Kangin was because Kangin’s family was rich.

There were people who tried to make friends with Kangin but Kangin would glare at them or respond in a rude manner. If Kangin was annoyed at a student, particularly a talkative one, he would tell them to shut up and if the student doesn’t shut up, Kangin will use his fist. That’s why Kangin has regular visits at the councilor’s office.

Yesung thought they were alike at some point. Not that he cares.

They literally bumped into each other during 2nd year of high school.

Kangin made a grab on Yesung’s collar. “Don’t you know how to say sorry?”

Yesung thought why is this guy making such a big deal over a bump? It’s not like there were food or drink that spilled on Kangin’s shirt when they bumped. It’s not like Kangin fell on his butt when they bumped. Why should he apologize?  “Only if you say it first.”

Yesung’s reply earned him a punch from Kangin. Yesung lost his balance and fell on the floor. He could hear gasps and whispers from other students.

“Is he going to cry blood?”

 “He might be crying blood soon.”

“Come to think of it, it’s been a while since we’ve seen his bloody tears.”

Yesung felt like crying but he won’t because he won’t allow his bloody tears to be some sort of entertainment. He calmly stood up and started to walk away.

“You haven’t said sorry yet.” Kangin’s voice made Yesung pause from walking.

Yesung turned around to look at Kangin. “You haven’t said it either.”

Suddenly, Kangin was charging at him like a bull seeing the color red. Yesung closed his eyes tightly and waited for the punch to come but it never came. He opened his eyes and saw that the fist was only a few inches away from his face.

“He’s crying blood!!!!!!” Somebody from the audience shouted.

Yesung touched his cheek. The pain of his swollen cheek didn’t register. All he could register was the blood he felt on his cheeks. It was simply confirmed when he saw the blood on his fingertips. He ran away from everyone.